INTRODUCING: a new GATLIGHT RUN....

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all of your comments.
To your questions.

1) Where to preorder?
Just go to www.Lumencraft.net, online store and just go through the checkout payment process. We take your credit card details but won't charge until we ship this round which will be July 2008

2) Advanced notice.
You can expect July 2008 to have your charge appear. Besides if we have some issues with payment we'll hold your light (max 2 weeks) and contact you first so we can sort it out.
So n o worries. And as mentioned www.Lumencraft.net/status.htm has updates regarding delivery time and production (updated every 2 weeks)... of course I'll update this thread here as well.

blingker

Newly Enlightened
Order ID : FLASH-200806011613-288701
Order Date: 01 JUN 2008 16:13:28

Hi to all.
I have been following CPF for awile now but never post a tread.This is my first tread.
I have a couple torchlight collection but this Gatlight V3 is the most expensive torch i've ever had!
Looking forward for the light and hope to post more treads in future.

Walter,about serial no..is it possible to book the no's?
..just curious..no big deal actually...if possible would like to have the last S/N no...i.e. the last Gatlight V3 ever built!

Thanks to all..

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys... this production round is coming along nicely... all the ordered lights are built.. all that is left is packaging.. a supplier had to redo some packaging material.. generally we are very happy with that run.

The finish and function is another step up to the previous version 3.... the finish on the titanium is simply amazing... almost like steel... I'll try to post some pics later.

The only thing that is a bit different, it seems that we were really lucky with the LEDs we got... premium Vbins, perfect color tint, and even low forward voltage...with the result that the light is now slightly overdriven at the max. setting even with normal 123 batteries (about 900mA rather then 700mA)... so treat it more as an overdrive the max. setting...

Anyway we are happy..I took some pics and I'll post them a bit later...

84Maroon

Banned
I have always thought the Gatlight was one of the coolest looking lights around, but when I bought one I realized it might not be for me. It could have been the one I acquired, but I found it impossible to operate it with one hand. How easily should the knob turn, should it be smooth enough to operate with one hand. PLEASE do not take this post as a slam, because it certainly is not. I would love to get another, but would need to have it one hand operable....

SemperFi

Banned
I would love to get another, but would need to have it one hand operable....

Its a masterpiece when design is concerned here, an enormous Thumbs UP for Walter on his Gatlight.

I am only of the view and am sure, even if it can take the hardest knock or depth pressure... it wouldn't make it to an excellent standing for a global nomination merely on the vulnerability it is, to muddy situations when one is grappling with it and slips from one hand into.... :eek:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found it impossible to operate it with one hand. How easily should the knob turn, should it be smooth enough to operate with one hand.

Well to answer that question... Do you mean one hand operation from the way it is designed with the knob in the back (it does require to lift your hand and rotate the knob with the thumb and pointing finger) or just that the knob is too hard to rotate.

How easy it is to rotate depends on how tight the Oring fits. We now use Nyogel as the Oring lubricant which makes it easier to rotate the knob (the first V3s had the wrong lubricant on it which hardened and made rotation too hard for one hand operation - mabye the unit you have has that..if so let me know we can fix that.. either get some Nyogel, clean off all the lubricant, then just lube up the oring really well... that makes a major difference).

I guess if one would go a size smaller with the Oring in the knob that would further make rotation simpler - even thought that would stretch the ORing to more then how it should be done it would make rotation easier. Generally one hand operation is possible with V3 and this run.

Of course there are a few units were rotation is a tiny bit harder... as a result of combined tolerances... however nothing that would prevent one hand operation... the right lubricant makes most of the difference.

Then the latest change were the knob knurl is the rolex knurl.. that one looks better but the grip is slightly less then with the older more aggressive knurl. However if someone prefers the older knurl let me know and I can exchange the knob for that purpose.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Walter, how is it going? The packaging. If the slow up is that special packing material, then just send them out without it, or use something else that will secure the boxes. Just thinking out loud.

Bill

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bill,

Walter updated his website here yesterday saying they were going to pick up the sleeves today and should be able ship all orders out by the end of the month. It's getting very close:party:.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Hi Bill,

Walter updated his website here yesterday saying they were going to pick up the sleeves today and should be able ship all orders out by the end of the month. It's getting very close:party:.

Thanks, I couldn't find that link. Now I've bookmarked it.

Bill

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to receive the Gatlight.
I have a question about what looks like light coming from the side of the reflector or optics. I live in an area with no streetlights, and have been bothered by light shining up to my eyes when all I wanted was light shining where I pointed it. In an area of virtually total darkness, even a small amount of light coming up from my light always bothered me. If it bothers me with the Gatlight, would it be OK to paint the side of the reflector or optics where the light may leak out? Or would that trap heat?
Shawn a.

shawn a.

Newly Enlightened
Oh, I forgot-Depth test it with a fishing pole from a boat or pier or bridge. Measure the line first and mark it off with a felt pen.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Walter, I guess by now you have been shipping the GatLights. You are sending out tracking numbers?

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Walter updated the Status page for the Gatlight today. Looks like some of us should get shipping notices.:party:

Thanks for info. I guess "sent to warehouse" and "arrived at warehouse" are two different dates. How far away is warehouse, I wonder? Guess I have not been so keen about receiving a light for a long time. The GatLight has really fascinated me since I handled one at SHOT 2007.

Bill

Latest posts