• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing FLuPIC V2.1 firmware! Updated 8/4/2005

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Introducing FLuPIC V2.0 firmware!

Ok, now Dspecks FFIII has got me wondering about your board. The first time I looked at this thread, I said "forget it", but he says it's simple, so explain....
How does one switch between user modes (in the FF3)? Is everything going to be done by twisting the light on and off repeatedly?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

From the userguide, you see that on Mode 1, the 5th off->on will get you into Set User Mode.

In this mode, the light will flash 1 times, wait 1 sec, flash 2 times, wait 1 sec, flash 3 times, wait 1 sec....etc.

If you turn off the light after x number of flashes, it will be set to Mode X.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm...Well, I just know I'm not going to like it, but I'll probably get one FF3's anyway...(how's that for cynical?)

Well....I might like it. Which version is going into the FF3?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

what do you mean what version? I can fix it to a mode you like or create a custom mode for you so you'll never have to change it.

I think I get, V2.1 will go into the FF3 (with the user adjustable strobe)

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Galiphrey,

That's very good to know. I was kinda worried there! I don't mind replacing the FluPIC board but I just don't have any spare Q3 driver boards. Anyways, cheers!

P.S. - I've cleaned out my PMs now =D

mateen

Enlightened
Could one of the empty slots be custom configured to give:

Low 100mA - High 750mA - Strobe 750mA - (nothing) - set UI?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were ordering one converter, I can put this sequence in for you for a small fee. I don't think i'd put it in the V2.1 because I kind of like the usermodes to be set in stone until more substantial improvements can be made to warrant V2.2 or V3.0...

mateen said:
Could one of the empty slots be custom configured to give:

Low 100mA - High 750mA - Strobe 750mA - (nothing) - set UI?

mateen

Enlightened
Thanks again goldserve for the programming - Paypal is sent and I can't wait to start building!

Rippey

Newly Enlightened
Finally got mine, Canadian to Texas postage is slow. :thumbsdow

This thing is pretty cool, I put it into a Q3 pretty easily. Now the hard part is figuring out which mode I like best and which brightness levels to set it at.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rippey said:
Finally got mine, Canadian to Texas postage is slow. :thumbsdow

This thing is pretty cool, I put it into a Q3 pretty easily. Now the hard part is figuring out which mode I like best and which brightness levels to set it at.

How long did it take? Anyways, glad to hear you like it. I find mode 1 is pretty easy. No brightness setting and other settings so you won't be accidently setting the brightness.

Rippey

Newly Enlightened
You sent it the 2nd, and I got it today (the 13th). Only 11 days, sure felt longer than that :)

Should note that the board seen in this post is not the board(pcb) you get. It is a very well made board, see his other posts for the real board.

The TWOJ doesn't look any better than the SX1K that came in it, though. Luxeon lottery I guess. I bought my son a 1W light from Sam's Club, it looks brighter and better than either of these 3W's and it is a QX1, go figure.

Still playing with this board, it sure does make the light do some neat tricks. Only change I would make is to put Max into mode 3 like mode 4 has it. Then have it where it would remember what it used last (either user low, user high, max, strobe, etc.)

Have to get back to playing with it, going to change the strobe frequency next...

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rippey said:
You sent it the 2nd, and I got it today (the 13th). Only 11 days, sure felt longer than that :)

Should note that the board seen in this post is not the board(pcb) you get. It is a very well made board, see his other posts for the real board.

The TWOJ doesn't look any better than the SX1K that came in it, though. Luxeon lottery I guess. I bought my son a 1W light from Sam's Club, it looks brighter and better than either of these 3W's and it is a QX1, go figure.

Still playing with this board, it sure does make the light do some neat tricks. Only change I would make is to put Max into mode 3 like mode 4 has it. Then have it where it would remember what it used last (either user low, user high, max, strobe, etc.)

Have to get back to playing with it, going to change the strobe frequency next...

I would keep the remembering of modes in mind if I make a new revision of firmware.

I hope you are using rechargable 123s. If you aren't, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? You will not get the full potential from the TWOJ if you don't use R123s. AW sells protected cells and a charger for less than $15. One or two cells is all that is needed.

Rippey

Newly Enlightened
goldserve said:
I would keep the remembering of modes in mind if I make a new revision of firmware.

I hope you are using rechargable 123s. If you aren't, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? You will not get the full potential from the TWOJ if you don't use R123s. AW sells protected cells and a charger for less than $15. One or two cells is all that is needed.

I had a rechargeable in there when I first got it together. It wasn't fully charged though. I put a SF cell in there while I am charging my R123's, so I may be singing a different tune about the TWOJ tomorrow. :)

My wife and kids are tired of being guinnea pigs for the strobe effect, guess I will have to wait until the morning to try it out on some co-workers. :naughty:

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe a fully charged R123 will make a difference. I was just playing with my TYOH Q3 outside and it was sure bright. I don't think the 1W could compare =P

Be careful with the strobe effect =P

Imagine a UYOK in user mode 5 default with strobe as first level. That will throw a punch to an unsuspecting person!

Latest posts