• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing FLuPIC V2.1 firmware! Updated 8/4/2005

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully Monday if it's dropped in a post box before tomorrow's 9AM pickup. The folks at the Gateway sorting plant are pretty fast with local routes.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one versatile board.

Once installed, it only took me about 5 minutes to get used to cycling through the various modes. I think mine will end up in mode 4 set up as low-medium-max-strobe(set to 6 hz)-SOS but we'll see. Perhaps it will end up on mode 2 set as low-max-strobe-SOS if I find I don't use a medium brightness setting.

I found the initial 10 hz strobe frequency a bit too dance floorish for my tastes.(and pretty darn bright too! I'm still seeing spots from that strobe.)

Your board turns a good flashlight into a great flashlight.

Kudos, Goldserve.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very glad you are enjoying your flashlight! Kudos that everything worked out. If you need more boards, I can give you a special pricing for return buyers =)

moraino

Enlightened
Goldserve,

Board received. Thanks so much.

Now if anyone can help me find the wiring instruction or pictures so that I can get it up and running for this weekend.

Henry

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can find lots of pictures from my other posts. The wiring is pretty simple. Led + to the led positive and GND to the LED -'ve. Remember to put some solder on the back of the board for the GND connection. The pad on the top is unconnected by mistake.

moraino

Enlightened
goldserve said:
You can find lots of pictures from my other posts. The wiring is pretty simple. Led + to the led positive and GND to the LED -'ve. Remember to put some solder on the back of the board for the GND connection. The pad on the top is unconnected by mistake.

So, on the chip side, the LED is to led positive and GND is to led negative.

On the back side, put a little wire thru that hole to connect the GND on both side. Am I right?

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here it is...
led positve and negative connections

When soldering the led negative wire (GND) onto the FLuPIC, make sure to solder the wire on both the top and bottom sides of the board because the through-the-hole connection was accidentally drilled away during manufacturing. It's no problem whatsoever as long as you solder both sides.

When soldering the positive led wire to the board make sure you check to see that the solder hasn't bridged over to the very close negative trace on the back of the board.

The negative for the led and the battery can use the same point as the ground is common to both the led and battery.

Battery positive is the central pad on the non-component side of the board maked BATT.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
moraino said:
So, on the chip side, the LED is to led positive and GND is to led negative.

On the back side, put a little wire thru that hole to connect the GND on both side. Am I right?

Correct!

moraino

Enlightened
I am happy to report that I successfully modded my Dorcy 1AA with R2H.

Now I am going to play with the different mode now. I hope to find that fast blinking mode. Thanks to Goldserve and everyone who helped.

Henry

moraino

Enlightened
Way too much fun. I love that strobe thing. Now my Dorcy is a really usefull tool as I can set the low mode to conserve energy and to impress my co-workers.

I hope in the near future there will be more demand and thus lower the cost of this very usefull product.

Henry

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only minor problem I had was in adjusting the strobe frequency. Took me 3 tries to dial it down to 4 hertz and then up to 6 hertz, but after that it was a snap. If you dial it up to 20 hertz it'll put a smile on your face.

moraino

Enlightened
LumenHound said:
The only minor problem I had was in adjusting the strobe frequency. Took me 3 tries to dial it down to 4 hertz and then up to 6 hertz, but after that it was a snap. If you dial it up to 20 hertz it'll put a smile on your face.

I know what you mean now. I just realize I was on the default 4 Hertz mode and I was satified.

Aftr playing it for a while, I may not be 20 Hertz but faster than I can count. I think people's eye can go black out if they stare directely.

This is the best mod I've ever done besides the nflex. I hope George's next product will include this fun stuff as well.

I am all smiling. It will go to bed with me tonight. :)

Henry

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet you'll be seeing spots for an hour. :eek:oo:

It's hard not to play with that adjustable strobe feature.