Introducing "Le Beau"

Kiessling

Flashaholic
WHOA !!!! :eek:oo:

This is sooooo great !! :thumbsup: :bow:
A true work of art it is.

Would want to participate, but costum charges would kill me on thos one ... so I have to pass :mecry: :(

bernie

unnerv

Enlightened
Wow Jonathan that turned out awesome. I remember seeing your drawing at the last get together. Can't wait to see it in person. Time to start planning the next get together.

K-T

*Moderator*
Uhh...wow...drool...that is niiiiiccccceeee.

We need more pictures!!! :poke: ;)

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:popcorn:
OMG!

:goodjob:
That is truly a piece of art with a punch!
Give us some more pictures please :)
Passaround?
Count me in :rock:

Benny

greenLED

Flashaholic
I saw the other pic you posted on the "mini" HID thread and was wondering about it. Beautiful light. I'm in for a passaround (of course!), and if you need help maintaining it, let me know.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding!

This is one of the most unique and compelling mods I've ever seen on CPF. Ever. Truly an amazing piece of craftsmanship with unparalled performance. Simply breathtaking.

I had wondered what it would look like but now to see it, it's even more intimidating in person.

You can add me to the list for the passaround.

If you are planning to have it nickel plated, please consider sending it down to me for a full polish like I executed on the Smooth Operator and Aurora2.

Oh yes, please share some shots of the internals. :D

Wilkey

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonathan,

I know you've been dreaming and working on this light for quite a while. I'm glad to see how far it has come.

Color me extremely interested and put me on the list, any list.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
something doesn't make sense here....

SOMETHING CAN'T BE RIGHT HERE.

You claim 5,000 lumen with a 50 Watt bulp? That's 100 lumen / watt which is TWICE as efficient as the latest generation LED's (for example a K2 driven at optimal specs).

I don't think that's possible or did I not get it right? Do you have a link to the technical specs of that bulp?

Anybody else here who can check this lumen per watt info?

Other then that, congratulations to a very beautiful light. How much is it?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not an LED, it's HID. It's like a little tiny arc of lightning inside a glass envelope. Yes, it is fantastically efficient, and the efficency seem to improve as wattages go up.

Search around for the Megaray or the Maxabeam, or wander around the HID forum for more info.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, out of fear that a passaround will involve all those who expressed interest on this original first thread, I'm posting: "I'd love to be a part of a passaround for this Beast killer".

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: something doesn't make sense here....

mobile1 said:
SOMETHING CAN'T BE RIGHT HERE.

You claim 5,000 lumen with a 50 Watt bulp? That's 100 lumen / watt which is TWICE as efficient as the latest generation LED's (for example a K2 driven at optimal specs).

I don't think that's possible or did I not get it right? Do you have a link to the technical specs of that bulp?

Anybody else here who can check this lumen per watt info?

Other then that, congratulations to a very beautiful light. How much is it?

Hi Mobile - LED efficiency is at its best when comparing monochromatic applications, such as stop lights. The LED is a direct emittter of Red / Amber / Cyan, while the bulb versions needs filtering, so a lot is lost.

HID, and even fluorescent tube lights are considerably more efficient for white output than LEDs. Lumileds has been trying for years to get people to use RGB or more colors to mix / form white light for higher efficiency and better color balance, and they finally accepted that people want single emitters for white not really that many years ago.

I would like to see / hold that light - maybe at a local CPF meeting.

Last edited:

Latest posts