Is anyone interested in a Nichia 92 CRI 4500 K HDS light?

Reijer

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to have one! I ordered a high cri Clicky on January 1st, and wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer if that would mean it came with the Nichia right away.

Biginboca

Newly Enlightened
I would definitely buy one... in a clicky preferably... But would buy one no matter clicky or rotary!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already have a clicky, so I would very much be interested in a Rotary! Wonder if we can pick the options or will it be a set color bezel, flush/raised Tailcap.

Black Bezel Rotary with flush tailcap!

Last edited:

Luciaro

Newly Enlightened
popcorn.gif

davyro

Enlightened
I love the tint on the Nichia compared to the warm tints,to be honest i didn't see the attraction of some of the warm tints beam shots posted on here.Then when i saw the new 219 i was hooked so if Henry builds a version with the Nichia I'm another who is definitely in for one of these.If he's not going to build one I'll be getting my 120 modded asap.

nbp

Flashaholic
FYI - there is already enough people to do a run. I'll have a chat with Henry soon!

Craig

I would be seriously impressed if you got Henry to do a special run of lights for you with a new emitter. :wow:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be seriously impressed if you got Henry to do a special run of lights for you with a new emitter. :wow:

I sure hope it can be done, but the wait time may be months considering many customers that ordered in January 2011 have not recieved their lights. At least a four month backlog from what I read in the HDS thread.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Henry's current backlog, I suspect a special run at this time is almost certainly out of the question.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Henry's current backlog, I suspect a special run at this time is almost certainly out of the question.

The run would take place after the backlog is cleared through. I am hoping the new machine shop will deliver. :(

On a side note, a few emitters have been sent to Henry for testing.

Craig

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I want a High CRI clicky to compliment my 200 rotary, I guess I don't have a preference between the Nichia or Cree High CRI.

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. I want a High CRI clicky to compliment my 200 rotary, I guess I don't have a preference between the Nichia or Cree High CRI.

All the hype with the Nichia 119/219 is the fact that they can be had at 4500K (very white) all other High CRI's are really warm (yellow tint). The cooler tint also allows them to be brighter and efficient.