Is Surefire discontinuing some flashlights?

KROMATICS

Enlightened
As of 3:45pm (PST) today (6/14), the 6P Original is back on their website. It has had it's "discontinued" status reversed. However, it's MSRP is listed as $88, compared to the 6P Defender, which is listed at $79. That seems the reverse of how they were listed before. The 6P LED and 6P LED Defender are still listed as discontinued. Very confusing...

They have also resurrected the EWP-01 and EWP-02 pens but we know those were on closeout to clear inventory so what's going on?

Xacto

Enlightened
As of 3:45pm (PST) today (6/14), the 6P Original is back on their website. It has had it's "discontinued" status reversed. However, it's MSRP is listed as $88, compared to the 6P Defender, which is listed at $79. That seems the reverse of how they were listed before. The 6P LED and 6P LED Defender are still listed as discontinued. Very confusing...

And I just realized that the Z2-S is available again. Strange.... did they hire some webmaster that couldn't keep the light types apart?

Cheers
Thorsten

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing the list of one's they're keeping, shouldn't this thread be renamed "Which flashlights are Surefire keeping"???

emac

Newly Enlightened
I notice on the weapon lights page that the millennium series lights are not discontinued yet...so this would lead me to believe that they will continue to support them and thus the p60 and p61 dropins used? Am I correct in this statement?

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I am interested to see where the company goes. I am a SF fan and own several SF lights. I have enjoyed purchasing some incan modes that were previously out of reach. I do not like the looks of the X series, and I do not like the fact that you cannot use a P60 drop-in with the new series of lights. I hope to see some lights with that capability in the future. I have tried other lights, but I keep coming back to SF.

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
They have G2s, G3s and E1Es where I am currently located. There are at least 2 colors available for the G2s. Not sure if anybody would be interested. I already went for a G3 and E1E. All of them are incan. I'll be leaving in about 4 1/2 months but I'm not sure if they'll last that long.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this is what I get for being out of it for so long. :( im so glad I managed to get a C2 before they discontinued it. Now I need to hunt for a C3

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I guess this is what I get for being out of it for so long. :( im so glad I managed to get a C2 before they discontinued it. Now I need to hunt for a C3

Crenshaw

Thankfully your timing isn't too bad. There should still be plenty for sale on store shelves that sell SF lights. And, there's always the CPF MarketPlace for one in used but excellent condition.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes I shall be looking for a c3 on mp. i'm still waiting for the updated l1.. namely lx1. it's been something like 3 years? :(

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
yes I shall be looking for a c3 on mp. i'm still waiting for the updated l1.. namely lx1. it's been something like 3 years? :(

Crenshaw

Sadly, SureFire has put the LX1 on hold indefinitely in order to concentrate on other projects. I had Milky make an L1 extreme for me. Basically what the LX1 should have been, but using an L1 as the host. Works great! Wasn't too expensive either. Wait time was very long though. I knew Scott was overloaded with customer requests before I had him work his magic on my L1, but seems it was even worse than even I had imagined.

Last edited: