Jetbeam i4 PRO Intellicharger Review: Current/Voltage Comparisons for Li-ion & NiMH

lmh0t3p

Newly Enlightened
Re: Jetbeam i4 PRO Intellicharger Review: Current/Voltage Comparisons for Li-ion & Ni

It's been on my wishlist for a while, but I recently set my sights on the VP2 instead (neither charges nickel cells BTW).
That said, my i4 is still serving me well. I regularly top off my four EagleTac 3100s with it without issue.

Oh, and before I forget: :welcome:

Cheers, this is one of my favorite forums already based on the quality of content.

I thought about the VP2 but I prefer the simplicity in wp2s. The components in both should be comparable, but I think the LCD will affect the mileage of the device. WP2S has one less thing that could break, I tend to focus on the weakest links haha.

On the other hand the LCD could serve as a validator for my DMM.

lmh0t3p

Newly Enlightened
Re: Jetbeam i4 PRO Intellicharger Review: Current/Voltage Comparisons for Li-ion & Ni

I got my charger in the mail today. It showed up in a blue and yellow box and it says "Intellicharger" (not "Interllicharger"). I guess that is why it said V3 on the seller's listing.

I was wondering how can I figure out which bays are paired?

HKJ

Flashaholic

I got my charger in the mail today. It showed up in a blue and yellow box and it says "Intellicharger" (not "Interllicharger"). I guess that is why it said V3 on the seller's listing.

I was wondering how can I figure out which bays are paired?

It is easy enough. Start with four empty batteries of the same capacity.
Charge two batteries in slot 1 and 2, measure the charge time.
Charge two batteries in slot 1 and 3, measure the charge time again.

The slowest combination is paired.

lmh0t3p

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

lmh0t3p

Newly Enlightened

Slots 1 & 2, 3 & 4 are paired according to the method suggested by HKJ. So, no change besides the correct spelling on the charger.

Last edited:

pcruz

Newly Enlightened

Just received my JETbeam I4 PRO from Amazon/Ebay seller EdisonBright.

Bay 1 charged to 4.26 volts, Bay 2 to 4.25 volts, Bay 3 to 4.23 volts, and Bay 4 charged to 4.2 volts. When I pulled them off the charger, all four bays were still charging according to the indicator light (two lights solid, one blinking).

All four Sanyo cells were put in the charger at 3.89 volts and were all tested on a Nitecore P12 prior to charging. The cells in bay 1 and 2 no longer function in my Nitecore P12 (my only 18650 light at the moment).

Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed with the charger and losing two good 18650 cells. Contacted the seller and hopefully I can exchange it for another brand. At this point, would the Nitecore I4 be a better option or should I go with a completely different charger?

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

Just received my JETbeam I4 PRO from Amazon/Ebay seller EdisonBright.

Bay 1 charged to 4.26 volts, Bay 2 to 4.25 volts, Bay 3 to 4.23 volts, and Bay 4 charged to 4.2 volts. When I pulled them off the charger, all four bays were still charging according to the indicator light (two lights solid, one blinking).

All four Sanyo cells were put in the charger at 3.89 volts and were all tested on a Nitecore P12 prior to charging. The cells in bay 1 and 2 no longer function in my Nitecore P12 (my only 18650 light at the moment).

Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed with the charger and losing two good 18650 cells. Contacted the seller and hopefully I can exchange it for another brand. At this point, would the Nitecore I4 be a better option or should I go with a completely different charger?
Could the protection on the cells have been tripped? What voltage do all four cells read now?
If you want a good Li-ion charger, Xtar has a pretty broad offering. Can't say that I've had any issues at all with my Nitecore i4(v2) myself.

välineurheilija

Enlightened

I have noticed with my Nitecore I4 v2 if i put the cells in before i plug the charger in sometimes it refuses to start charging but i think the manual tells you to plug in first so it has power to regognize the batteries?

theOS

Newly Enlightened

Hi , since i messed up my intellicharger i4pro main (220v) circuit board , i´d like to know how many amps do i need on the 12v power adapter output.
It could be 4*375ma/ 2*750ma = 1.5A :confused:

(I need to charge 4 x 18650 batteries)

Last edited:

Latest posts