JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could one of you happy owners please post up a pick of this in your hand?
Thanks Kam.

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Mine takes about 15 seconds. :tinfoil:
Interesting ... are you sure that was the full ramp (light also flashes at 50%, which takes about 17 secs or so on mine). :thinking:

Just tested mine on 2xCR123A and 2xRCR, and got the same result as 18650 posted here - about 35 secs in total, with a 50% flash around 17-18 secs.

I'd much prefer a 15 sec total ramp personally - like JetBeam offers on the original 18650-only Jet-IIIlights. :shrug:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ohgeez:Oh, I'm mistaken. It takes about 15 seconds until it flashes (I thought that was the end, not the middle!)

So then 30 seconds is about right.

IanT61

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for checking the ramp timings guys - odd that they made it so long but there you go.

@ Kamakazikev24 - our nearest dealer is currently France but one of the UK sellers will be carrying Jetbeam soon :grin2:

Mii

Newly Enlightened
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngrPaul
I believe it's a 5A Q3, since it gives the same exposure value as the DBS when taking the picture at a constant F-stop and aperature.

Yes your right (see my post #31), JETBeam confirmed the led is a Q5 A5.

so which one is it? Q5 or Q3? :thinking:

LandyDH

Newly Enlightened
Very nice review. This light looks amazing- I really like the low mode.

I think you've convinced me this is what I need for my first light!

JML

Enlightened
I just received my JETBeam Jet-III M, OP reflector, warm tint. This is an incredible light -- superbly designed and built! Worth every penny. One difference from what I see in the review, however; my light has a black o-ring in the bezel assembly, and not the red one shown in the review. I wonder if this is to mark the version with the warm tint LED.

One suggestion for JETBeam and Flavio: I wish there was a thin plastic sleeve to minimize the slight rattling of the CR123A batteries.

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened
I wish there was a thin plastic sleeve to minimize the slight rattling of the CR123A batteries.

Get yourself a set of 18350s! :eek: They fit perfect, no rattle, longer runtime! :grin2: The only thing is they're unprotected, but if you change them AS SOON AS the light starts to dim (or sooner), they won't be over discharged.

A fully charged set of UltraFire XSL 18350s will run almost two hours on high before they start to dim. You can buy them here.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
One suggestion for JETBeam and Flavio: I wish there was a thin plastic sleeve to minimize the slight rattling of the CR123A batteries.

I wonder if this one would work:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/acc-olight-magazine-spare.html
This fits 2 x CR123A or 2 x AW16340 Protected and slides into the Olight M20 instead of an 18650 cell. Since the Olight and the Jet-III M have the same battery options they should work fine in either.

I will try mine once my Jet-III M arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I wonder if this one would work:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/acc-olight-magazine-spare.html
This fits 2 x CR123A or 2 x AW16340 Protected and slides into the Olight M20 instead of an 18650 cell. Since the Olight and the Jet-III M have the same battery options they should work fine in either.
Yes, it does - but not with the plastic cap screwed on. The plastic cap has protruding portion that doesn't bother the M20 due to the spring in the head, but can't be used with the Jet-III M.

Thanks for the reminder - I meant to include in the review that was rattle of bare 2xCR123A. The Olight battery holder is a perfect fit. :thumbsup:

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Has anyone tried this light with 18650 battery? Buyoutgear says they last 3 hours on full.... Sounds good to me!
The only thing is will these batterys, once charged fully hold there charge or will they slowly self discharge over a few weeks?
Also do they suffer from memory affect?
I know this post should really be in the battery thread but as I hope to use these in this flashlight I think it's relevant here, Hope that's OK!
Kam

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Has anyone tried this light with 18650 battery? Buyoutgear says they last 3 hours on full.... Sounds good to me!
The only thing is will these batterys, once charged fully hold there charge or will they slowly self discharge over a few weeks?
Also do they suffer from memory affect?
There's a runtime of this light on both Max and 50% on 18650 in the first post. Basically, time to 50% was exactly 3 hours on max, and about 6.5 hours on 50%. Those are on AW protected cells (I don't have unprotected cells to compare).

18650 (and all Li-ions) hold their charge for an extensive period of time - there's no significant self-discharge over short period of time. They do not suffer from a memory effect. Note that it is better to store them long-term at less then full capacity, but not depleted. Check out the batteries forum for more general info on Li-ions.

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Missed that, Thanks for the info and many thanks for the reviews that you must spend hours doing!
Great info on this site. I didn't even know half these flashlights existed before I came here! Not sure if thats a good or bad thing though....... LOL
Thanks again Kam.

JML

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip and confirmation about the Olight battery sleeve. I just placed an order.

This light is so good that I am finding it hard to resist the urge to buy another...

Last edited:

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Just had an Email from Jetbeam informing me that ledfire.co.uk will be the UK dealer for them!
And to contact Rob at [email protected]
There web site is in the process of being updated.
Just to say I do not have any ties with this online store, just sharing info so that UK members can order from within the UK if they wish to.
Kam.

Last edited:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it does - but not with the plastic cap screwed on. The plastic cap has protruding portion that doesn't bother the M20 due to the spring in the head, but can't be used with the Jet-III M.

You must be able to use the cap after a modification with a sharp knife surely? I might order a couple more spare holders so I have enough for both lights + spare batteries, I might cut off the protrusion on all of them to ensure they all fit either light.

My Jet-IIIM has arrived and it is very nice. The tint is noticeably warmer than every other LED light I own. The minimum is quite a bit lower than my other 2 IBS Jetbeam lights are able to be set to. I quite like the interface - simple yet versatile. :thumbsup:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
You must be able to use the cap after a modification with a sharp knife surely?
That might work. But note that the Jet-III M doesn't use a spring (like the M20) but only has a slightly raised contact button in the head. It looks to me like it should be able to clear the olight plastic cap opening with the cap's lanyard attachment removed, but you would have to test this.