JETBeam PA10

Warp

Enlightened
Is this not a mistake then?

I saw them in market place and assumed jetbeam had mixed up the outputs. The single AA puts out 650 lumens and the 2xcr123 puts out 410 lumens?

They list 650 lumens on a 14500. It is only like 140 or so with a AA

AutoTech

Enlightened
They list 650 lumens on a 14500. It is only like 140 or so with a AA

I did see that it was on a 14500, just seemed strange to me that a single aa size (albeit 14500 equipped) puts out 650 lumems and 200 more than their 2xcr123 model.

Great if it's correct, I'll be having some of that! I love a wow factor AA size light. :D

Warp

Enlightened
I did see that it was on a 14500, just seemed strange to me that a single aa size (albeit 14500 equipped) puts out 650 lumems and 200 more than their 2xcr123 model.

Great if it's correct, I'll be having some of that! I love a wow factor AA size light. :D

I've been doing a lot of searching and reading recently...it seems that the light might draw too much current to safely use a typical 14500. Better to go with an IMR

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
well, at least it has the same fancy box as all the P series torches.
Jetbeam has always pushed it and never put the small details and fine print on their product literature.
Anyhow, I look forward for something that can go as far as PA10 in 14500. I hope they dont screw this one either

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Hi Lautamas and aau007, i asked jetbeam about 14500 compatibility with all modes and look what they said:

Hi, Leslei,

u want to know whether have lower or other output when use 14500 battery.
because our engineer suggest use AA battery, so they don't test by 14500 for high, middle , low & lower output, that's why we cannot provide u the data of it.

for 14500 only have test data of Turob output lumens.

tks,
best regards,
Service Center

How come? They engineered the product offering the possibility to use 14500 and did not test? I think they did test it and the result showed too many variations, so it was hard to make a rule about the output on 14500. Then perhaps it will depend on what pa10 sample you get or the type of 14500...well i dont know that much about flashlights, but thats what i found out and figured out. Hope that makes sense. :)

I guess now we should wait for someone to test and give us the long waitting question.... :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

AutoTech

Enlightened
Hi Lautamas and aau007, i asked jetbeam about 14500 compatibility with all modes and look what they said:

Hi, Leslei,

u want to know whether have lower or other output when use 14500 battery.
because our engineer suggest use AA battery, so they don't test by 14500 for high, middle , low & lower output, that's why we cannot provide u the data of it.

for 14500 only have test data of Turob output lumens.

tks,
best regards,
Service Center

How come? They engineered the product offering the possibility to use 14500 and did not test? I think they did test it and the result showed too many variations, so it was hard to make a rule about the output on 14500. Then perhaps it will depend on what pa10 sample you get or the type of 14500...well i dont know that much about flashlights, but thats what i found out and figured out. Hope that makes sense. :)

I guess now we should wait for someone to test and give us the long waitting question.... :)

Cheers!

With a reply like that they might have well just said "it doesn't work on lower outputs on a 14500"

I won't be ordering one after reading that. If someone reviews it and they find it does work I'll no doubt get one.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
colorblind read my mind,,what do you expect with 650 lumens?? huh..i mean seriously its a pocket rocket,,,thats why you buy another 14500
30mins runtime on a 14500, that's pretty crappy runtime

also no step down??? hmmm... why does the bigger BC25 (650 lumens for 5mins) auto steps down to 430???

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
With a reply like that they might have well just said "it doesn't work on lower outputs on a 14500"

I won't be ordering one after reading that. If someone reviews it and they find it does work I'll no doubt get one.

I will definetly do the same :) the bad thing is now we have to wait longer to have it in our hands. i think i'll ask to the sellers to test the product on 14500 before buying it. If that works out well i'll let you know :)

Cheers :)

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys! I KNEW IT!!!! I asked to the seller to test two pa10 running on 14500 and guess what!? ONLY TURBO MODE WORKS! The other modes stay off. Shame on you Jetbeam! Seems like im gonna keep my thrunite a1 a little longer...

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys! I KNEW IT!!!! I asked for the seller to test two pa10 running on 14500 and guess what! ONLY TURBO MODE WORKS! The other modes stay off. Shame on you Jetbeam! Seems like im gonna keep my thrunite a1 a little longer...

Yikes! Good thing I didn't buy one. I was considering that one because it looked pretty and had the highest lumens rating I've seen for any manufactured 14500 sized light. Guess maybe I'll buy an RRT-0 XML instead.

I've been feeling the urge to buy another flashlight starting to grow. Currently still using my self-modded Sipik SK58. Its type 2 anodizing is starting to look rather worn from bouncing against the keys in my pocket. (added extra-heatsinking to the pill and around the sliding bezel. Using a 3-mode shiningbeam 3-amp driver with and XML-T6 installed. Emitter lumens should be around 800 or so, though OTF lumens is probably 600-650. Runtime on maximum power is just 12 minutes using AW IMR 14500 and doesn't run on 1.5v AA at all).

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
JetBeam has been on the spotlight allot lately.
Love the PA40 but want brighter already on 4AA sheesh.

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail about 20 minutes ago. WOW WOW WOW. This much freaking light out of a single 14500???!!! I tested out the other modes w/ an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA; but I like a lot of FIREPOWER, so I think I'll just run an AW IMR 14500 in it as my main power source. The coloring of the body seems 90% dark gray/gun metal w/ maybe 10% purple; very interesting, but I think this is my favorite EDC already.

AutoTech

Enlightened
Hi guys! I KNEW IT!!!! I asked to the seller to test two pa10 running on 14500 and guess what!? ONLY TURBO MODE WORKS! The other modes stay off. Shame on you Jetbeam! Seems like im gonna keep my thrunite a1 a little longer...

How poor is that?!

I'd have bought one if it wasn't for that. Why does it not work in lower modes? Can someone explain why they are unable to make the lower modes work on 14500? It's like a new 'worlds fastest 2.0L car' car coming out but only being able to drive it full throttle.

pinetree89

Enlightened
Why does it not work in lower modes? Can someone explain why they are unable to make the lower modes work on 14500? It's like a new 'worlds fastest 2.0L car' car coming out but only being able to drive it full throttle.

Looks like they cheaped out and only put a Boost circuit in there, vs a Boost and Buck circuit like in the low voltage Quark heads. Disappointing Jetbeam...

aau007

Enlightened
I think JB just updated the description. It now says 1 mode only when using 14500. Never seen that before. Not sure if I want to carry 2 batteries to get Turbo + different modes by keep changing battery.

minnstars

Newly Enlightened
I think JB just updated the description. It now says 1 mode only when using 14500. Never seen that before. Not sure if I want to carry 2 batteries to get Turbo + different modes by keep changing battery.

IMO turbo for 30 minutes with no other modes isn't worth it, even for 650 Lumen. But I suppose it depends on how you intend to use the light.

I currently EDC a Xeno E03, which gives 430 Lumens on turbo, which also has ridiculously short runtimes on a 14500 battery … the difference with the E03 is that it does work in all modes with the 14500, so you can drop down to 80 Lumen and get 2.5 hours run-time if need be.

The other issue with the PA10 is it's a relativly big and heavy light for this class. Just a few grams and or mm more and you can be into one of the many compact 18650 or 2xC123 lights, which will give you a bright turbo mode with much better runtimes. Jetbeam's new ST Cycler is an example of just such a light.