JETBeam PA10

kartracer77

Newly Enlightened
ieslei or johnnybravo could either of you please post the current draw with the IMR 14500?

AutoTech

Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail about 20 minutes ago. WOW WOW WOW. This much freaking light out of a single 14500???!!! I tested out the other modes w/ an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA; but I like a lot of FIREPOWER, so I think I'll just run an AW IMR 14500 in it as my main power source. The coloring of the body seems 90% dark gray/gun metal w/ maybe 10% purple; very interesting, but I think this is my favorite EDC already.

I think JB just updated the description. It now says 1 mode only when using 14500. Never seen that before. Not sure if I want to carry 2 batteries to get Turbo + different modes by keep changing battery.

It has the other modes even on LiIon. A reviewer on Youtube showed it.

I just checked on YouTube and there is indeed someone running through modes with a trust fire 14500?

So how come there's an owner here saying he's used it with 14500 and it's only high. And jetbeam made that statement? Strange.

Maybe the 14500 was low on charge? In the video it looks brighter on the first cell he uses which appears to be an aw 14500 anyway. Maybe he shows it works on a flat 14500 or something!

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
Perhaps.

Annoying that we don't have a clear answer at this point.

Also, it's been a little bit since I saw the video I am thinking of....I may specifically be thinking of seeing the PC10 on an RCR.

flippymcbean

Newly Enlightened
I just got the PA10 on accident...i actually ordered the PC10... and while reading this thread, i thought i was going to keep it. now that i read its "660" in 1 mode...thats kind of a down fall. Should i email amazon tell them they sent me the wrong one? or should i just keep it? what are your opinions on this? I like the flashlight...it looks nice and its very versatile...but the 660 in one mode is...just a little weak to me...

i can post some pictures in a day or 2 if anybody is interested. apparently it seems that this is a new light and no ones really seen it..

Warp

Enlightened
I just got the PA10 on accident...i actually ordered the PC10... and while reading this thread, i thought i was going to keep it. now that i read its "660" in 1 mode...thats kind of a down fall. Should i email amazon tell them they sent me the wrong one? or should i just keep it? what are your opinions on this? I like the flashlight...it looks nice and its very versatile...but the 660 in one mode is...just a little weak to me...

i can post some pictures in a day or 2 if anybody is interested. apparently it seems that this is a new light and no ones really seen it..

Have you opened it?

flippymcbean

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I opened it. When i opened it, I noticed that the body seemed a little long. I looked at the box, and i noticed it said PA10...looked at the owners manual, and realized it was the wrong. it was telling me to insert 1 AA battery. so i did....

aau007

Enlightened
OK, now I am really confused with the 14500 issue.

1 person said 1 mode, then another found youtube video shows working in all modes, now another said 1 mode and JB spec is 1 mode. What's going on with JB these days? They can't make their same lights behave all the same? Or they can't get their specs together for a production unit? Or are they just getting really screwed after they are taken over by another company?

AutoTech

Enlightened
Yes, I opened it. When i opened it, I noticed that the body seemed a little long. I looked at the box, and i noticed it said PA10...looked at the owners manual, and realized it was the wrong. it was telling me to insert 1 AA battery. so i did....

Can you insert a fully charged 14500?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do have a few questions on this light that I don't see mentioning.

1. When using 14500, does the brightness at H,M,L,LL stay the same as when using AA? There is no other stepping available between 140lm and 650lm, correct?
2. As far as I can understand from the manual, 650lm is only available in tactical mode when tightening the head. What happens to this mode when you are using AA battery? Does the light just come on at the AA High mode of 140lm or does it not turn on at all because you don't have a 14500 in there?
3. When using 14500 in tactical mode (650lm), is the light current regulated or direct drive?
Good questions I agree and also wouldn't mind knowing the answers too.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lautamas and aau007, i asked jetbeam about 14500 compatibility with all modes and look what they said:

Hi, Leslei,

u want to know whether have lower or other output when use 14500 battery.
because our engineer suggest use AA battery, so they don't test by 14500 for high, middle , low & lower output, that's why we cannot provide u the data of it.

for 14500 only have test data of Turob output lumens.

tks,
best regards,
Service Center

How come? They engineered the product offering the possibility to use 14500 and did not test? I think they did test it and the result showed too many variations, so it was hard to make a rule about the output on 14500. Then perhaps it will depend on what pa10 sample you get or the type of 14500...well i dont know that much about flashlights, but thats what i found out and figured out. Hope that makes sense. :)

I guess now we should wait for someone to test and give us the long waitting question.... :)

Cheers!
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is that really how a customer service memeber of JETBeam speaks, in txt talk! Not only appearing un-knowledgeable on their own products, but lacking the ability to communicate professionally in an adult manner.

I was interested in this light, but if that is a representation of the company, then count me out.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys! I KNEW IT!!!! I asked to the seller to test two pa10 running on 14500 and guess what!? ONLY TURBO MODE WORKS! The other modes stay off. Shame on you Jetbeam! Seems like im gonna keep my thrunite a1 a little longer...
Sounds like a completely pointless flashlight tbh then and a highly stupid marketing claim.

I'm new to this game, but does JETBeam stand for crap quality lights, design while attempting to delude potential customers??? :duh2:

I only say this, as based on their website I'd have maybe taken the plunge and bought one, but it would seem to be a complete waste of money to me.

nickbubblehead

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a clear cut answer to this question? Does the PA10 have all mode available with a 14500 battery? Surely someone here CPF has tried this.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the question was answered in other threads.
The PA10 only has the 650 lumen turbo mode available on a 14500.
The PC10 has 550 lumen turbo and and all other modes available on a 16340.
The Youtube video the poster was referring to was indeed a PC10.
So the bad info confused everybody.

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
well the above isn't exactly giving me that warm fuzzy feeling, as I'm waiting for my PA10.

But to soothe the savage beast in me, I just ordered the RRT3-XML, with a coupon code. It comes with batteries, and with a 15 percent off code, came to about $280 with shipping. Not bad.

Chip

Newly Enlightened
IMO turbo for 30 minutes with no other modes isn't worth it, even for 650 Lumen. But I suppose it depends on how you intend to use the light.

I totally agree with you! I was about to get one of these, but then read this. Wow. Back to my D10 on 14500.

nickbubblehead

Newly Enlightened
Gordo, thanks for your info. It is a shame the PA10 has that one major drawback. Too bad, this light would have allot of potential. What was Jetbeam thinkning?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earlier I didn't know I could use 14500 to my Nitecore D10. Then I read about it and tried. The brightness is the same as with AA, also the very low brightness was still there. That can be considered as an advantage. But actually I more like the possibility to vary the brightnesses by changing the battery. Xeno E03 is several times brighter with 14500 than with AA, and I really like that! Using AA the medium and high brightness is enough for allround use and with the low mode the runtime will be very good. Using 14500 the lowest mode is almost the same as the highest with AA and the medium and high are awesome! Therefore I think I would like Jetbeam PA10. I can change between AA and 14500 depending on the purpose and situation.