Jmpaul320 OTF Lumen Sphere Readings & throw measurements!

Xmldriver

Enlightened
Vihn said:

I will see if I can break the 1M Lux with a DriverVNX2 or factory driver boosted and a XPG2 PDTC in a TK61vn. If I can we might have a "Budget" 1M lux Light in our arsenal.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope so!

ot here! I was googling chargers and IMR batteries and I found a place ACROSS the street from me that sells them WHOLESALE!! I use to walk Capo there but moved to the safer hiking trails! I live outside of town and that town is small!

In case anyone is interested:

http://liionwholesale.com/

That's great! I'd love to order from here but I'm in the UK and they don't ship to me, otherwise I'd have ordered a few limn as they seem really genuine!

Capolini

Banned
^^^

Thanks Jmpaul,;) For my OT POSTS!

Hey this ALL happened by chance,,me googling something and finding a place[open 9 months] literally across the street from me!

MOST of their prices on Efest, Samsung, Sony, LG and Panasonic are $1+ cheaper per battery,some almost $1.50 cheaper than Mt. Elec., illumns and also IMR batteries that I found a few weeks ago! A few of their batteries do cost a little more,,,but not THE MAJORITY!

I have plenty of batteries but I think I know where I will get some when I need them,,,too bad they only ship,no walk in purchases!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys I have an important announcement:

A change is in order and it is time for me to personally move on from this hobby... maybe not move on completely - but a big change needs to happen. I have really just been slowly losing interest over the last 6 months or so and I really feel the need to simplify my collection and move on from testing lights. I sold around $2000 worth of lights last October... I thought I would end up reinvesting the $ in newer lights but I just seemed to lose interest.

Don't worry! I am working out a deal with vinh to sell him my sphere so that he may take over testing. I will help him get it set up and everything so yall get your lumen fix! :)

I still plan on visiting the forum and chatting with everyone here as I have made some great friends. Who knows, maybe in the future a light will really tickle my fancy and I might get back into things.

I will be putting up a bunch of discounted lights for sale soon if anyone is interested (you can shoot me a PM if you like or just wait for a WTS thread to go up in the marketplace) X60mvn loaded, mm15vn, s6330vn, c22cvn quad, d40avn to name a few... oh yeah and I have a TON of brand new batteries. :) My goal is to get down to 5 lights or less!

Not sure where I will go from here... maybe I will get back into cars or something else... but I have had so much fun with flashlights over the last 3 years and I have met some great people :)

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Burn out, given that what you were doing started to probably feel like a second job....is not that unexpected. If you have family, that sort of thing creates a lot of friction.

:(

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Burn out, given that what you were doing started to probably feel like a second job....is not that unexpected. If you have family, that sort of thing creates a lot of friction.

:(

I have always enjoyed testing lights. I have just seen so many that they all blend together LOL. But I still enjoy the lights I have just as much :)

didi_1606

Newly Enlightened
Maybe vinh is sending you too much to test and you got bored... Take a holiday about a week, and never open cpf forum or take any flashlight with you... If you miss this forum or your flashlight, i think you must go back to "before holiday.. [emoji56]

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very large collections are hard if you only use your favorites and the others continue to depreciate as technology runs away.

At least old cars hold their value "assuming your interested in classics ', otherwise cars can be even more expensive!

ven

Flashaholic
Sad about moving on and feelings with flashlights,but you have to put you and family 1st and life does need changes at times. More so when certain aspects take so much of your time. Least your not going away altogether as you will be missed greatly. All the work you have done is greatly appreciated along with your great posts you make.

A top guy:thumbsup:

Hopefully some time away may kindle some interest again:) or get using them(moar camping trips:poke:)

Regards ven

Riku

Newly Enlightened
Sad day for this forum:mecry:Thank you for the amazing service you have been providing, very informative and helpful!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Please drop by as often as you can to chat. You are way more than welcome here always :)

Capolini

Banned
oh,yaaa! It was :cool: to be your First customer and to have you test Three[3] of my personal lights! It was exciting to see the results!

Hope to see you chime in soon! Thanks again :goodjob: and best of luck to you!

Fenix TK35vn de-domed
Samsung 20r
983@ turn on
985@ 30 sec
658 high
223 medium
27 low
Throw - 95,000 lux

Fenix PD12vn de-domed
Aw Imr & kinoko imr
591@ turn on (stock pd12 dome on does 800 on IMR)
560@ 30 sec (stock pd12 dome on does 765 on IMR)
27 low
Throw - 15,000 lux (stock is around 4,000 lux)

Sunwayman C20cvn de-dome (3 mode version)
Samsung 20r
586@ turn on
566@ 30 sec
224 mid
37 low
Throw - 20,000 lux

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will still visit here - probably even daily just to see what everyones doing and what vinh is coming up with :)

I have had a flood of emails of people wanting to buy lights and batteries!! Cant believe people are still chomping at the bit to get vinh lights that are a year + old ! LOL well he does make great stuff!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
whatever you do, don't start collecting guns or watches. I had over 260 guns and tens of thousands of dollars in watches. then again, I think it's a vicious cycle. you wean off of one vice and pick up another