LED and Incan BEAMSHOTS !!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
cosine ... here are the shots I have that contain one or more of the lights involved:

HD-LineUp.jpg

SF L4 - Peli M6 - HD45 - Aleph 3 with 2x123 pack

X3T.jpg

McLuxPR head on SF E2e with Aleph 2-stage Tailcap

Pentagonlightsize3.jpg

SurefireC2KT2SW02back.jpg

SF C3 Centurion body with KT2 Turbo-Head and SW02 tailcap

TBTubes012.jpg

SF KL5 head (like on L5 light) on custom TB-18650-tube (Li-Ion) with Aleph 2-stage Tailcap

U2BK1.jpg

SF U2

M6BK1.jpg

SF M6

L6Porcupine043small.jpg

SF L6-P

E2DBK1.jpg

SF E2D

LineUp1.jpg

LineUp2.jpg

LineUp3.jpg

bernie

EV_007

Enlightened
I like when people take the time to do beamshots. Well done. :thumbsup:

Man that M6 is awesome! Wish it had a low, medium and high level output. :)

ANW

Newly Enlightened
Thank for the beamshots, I agree and love seeing beamshots it makes me want to go out and buy more lights which l will be doing soon. I still perfer incandecents over LEDS, But I will still buy both as long as they are nice and bright with a great beam shot.

IonFire

Enlightened
Simply stunning.

Nice work,and many thanks for all the effort, must have been kinda fun to do.

Make a handy refrence for some lights to see thier outputs, i have been trying to save up for a couple of these and this makes it a bit easier to do., and the wait longer,hehe.

Should be a sticky almost.

IF

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pictures of the actual flashlights! Now that I have a better idea of size I really want either an A2 or an L4. (haven't decided yet)

wuyeah

Enlightened
Incan does provide much better color in wild. Those beam shots really surprise me the most is the U2.

It is better than i thought it would be.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
skalomax ... the L6 is with the others in this shootout ... it is a "ram of light" with a tighter corona than the incans and a bigger yet softer hotspot. I prefer this beam, but it is not a throw king.

The A2 can't match most of the other lights in this shootout, true ... BUT ... it is also one of the smaller lights and uses 2xCR123 while the big guns use either more power or have less runtime. The A2 is one of the hottest lights arounf for sure :thumbsup: ... as it can do what none of the others here can ... which is to change beam angle from the 5mm flood to the incan spot.

IonFire said:
...must have been kinda fun to do.

Depends on who you ask ... my wife would tell you something that doesn't exactly include the word "fun" ... :D :crackup:

cosine ... both the A2 and L4 are great lights, but they are different ... the A2 has much more throw and offers a low with a floody beam whereas the L4 is a pure flood light ... and needs a 2-stage tailcap to be perfect.

wuyeah ... the U2 is a great light, but this U2 is an especially great performer. It is my most liked light, so I am biased towards the U2 ... :)

bernie

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Kiessling said:
cosine ... both the A2 and L4 are great lights, but they are different ... the A2 has much more throw and offers a low with a floody beam whereas the L4 is a pure flood light ... and needs a 2-stage tailcap to be perfect.

Oops, yes... I just went to Surefire's site to check specs and I meant to say that I can't decide between the A2 and the L2. (I'm still getting used to Surefire's nomenclature)

Still, the L4 looks like a great light and I want one of them too!

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
First off, great beamshots. A couple of Qs here:

Can you do a beamshot of your PL L2? I have yet to see any PL LED beamshots from anywhere.

Secondly, what did you use to illuminate the 'dry' shot of your testing range? Was that a high-power camera flash or did you have a floodlight? Just wondering.

TIA.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Sorry, I do not have any Pentagon Lights ... those in the pic were part of a passaround kindly sponsored by mark2 and some German CPFers.

Here are some PL beamshots:

PentagonlightPL2vsA1.jpg

PentagonlightPX2vsP60.jpg

PentagonlightPX2vsP60spot.jpg

For the "scene" pic form above I used a KenRad UDL-35 HID with a flood reflector for video ligthing. I only had a few seconds of juice left which why the pic is such a mess, sorry :green: ... but it basically shows what it has to show.

THis is the KenRad:

UDL-35A1.jpg

bernie

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bernie,

Great work.

It looks as if the TurboHead on the C3 with the MN16 is similar in brightness to the M6 LOLA. Am I seeing that correctly?

Tom

Kiessling

Flashaholic
To the eye they do have apporx. the same brightness, but the LOLA has a wider spot and brighter corona, but not that much.
However ... this is by my eyes and the camera only ... no lux readings. And we know that a camera and the Eyeball MkI aren't the best instruments to judge such things in a scientific fashion. I guess a longer throw pic would reveal a difference.
I can do lux readings if you are interested though.
bernie

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Tom ... at very roughly about 3m the M6 LOLA is maxing out at about 2650lux and the MN16 scores roughly 2100lux, both on CR123 primary cells.

Thanx again, all :eek:

bernie

Kiessling

Flashaholic
boostmiser said:
Hummm...You can't make out the color of the car in the LED shots. Interesting series of shots.

Exactly, that's why I stated that LED color rendition is still not optimal. And those LEDs used are pretty decent ones and quite white.
BUT ... the fixed white balance of "daylight" in this shootout actually makes things a bit worse than they are in reality ... some sort of overemphasize ... the LEDs aren't that bad and cold (you can actually see a red car in real life), and incans aren't that warm either. The difference between the two is exaggerated with my camera.

bernie

Latest posts