Liion Brand 18650 too fat to fit. Help?

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
I just bought 2 18650 batteries from Liion on line and they are too fat to fit in my Malkoff Hounddog flashllight.
I have not contacted them yet but will today. Before I had Keeppower brand and they fit fine.
Has anyone else had a problem like this?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Keeppower. And a wooden rod with sandpaper. if it is an older body gene will bore it out for you.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
When it is just a tad - try if simply removing the label stickers is enough.

Next were to try getting the shrink wrap "smaller"
--> heat with heat gun, immediately roll on flat surface. Try to "even out" "bumps", like where the shrink does no lie flat, or where the contact wire of the protection circuit sits.

Next, when they just barely fit in, use heat gun again, then force the cell in halfways, while turning it around. Then pull out and redo with other half of the cell.

Last: work on inside of the light. ...Sandpaper ...
Not good for anodizing, or whatever surface is there.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought 2 18650 batteries from Liion on line and they are too fat to fit

It really really helps to be specific. Would you mind, terribly? What is "Liion on line?" What cells, exactly? Make and model, please. And mAh-capacity. Or just link to the product page. Thanks.

Next, when they just barely fit in, use heat gun again, then force the cell in halfways, while turning it around. Then pull out and redo with other half of the cell.

That's very clever, and yet, it just sounds so crazy. Just remove the shrink wrap.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Best bet is to send it to gene. He will take care of it for you. Like I said I had an old MD3 body like this keeppower would not fit. I took a Wooden dowel and some 320 grit. Does nothing to hurt the light and works good.