LionHeart HA3 Now Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: More LionHeart HA3 Build Pics

Topper,

A very noble gesture which is of course appreciated; however, here is the latest deal - I did have SOME batteries and it was a real quandary deciding how to go about disseminating them equitably. I know some paid earlier than others and I wanted to take care of them initially, but then many (including some of the early prepayers) paid extra to select serial numbers as well.

Now once those lights were sorted out by serial number, they were simply getting in the way and in danger of becoming inadvertently grabbed up and packed along with some others, sooooo...

I have decided on, and have indeed SHIPPED, all serial-number-selected orders. AND I am presently packing and shipping the orders of "lights alone", plus X33's kind gesture of dropping his battery/ies means his light will go out shortly as well.

I also packed and will ship tomorrow as many orders as I could (not many unfortunately) using up the remaining few batteries I had (operative words here are "few" and "had") in order of earliest payments received, which means I finished up those who paid up to August 26th, and once Jon's remaining supply of his battery stock gets here (not that many I am realizing now) I can ship a few orders from those that paid on the 27th. Luckily Paypal lists them in order of TIME paid as well, so all is still as fair as I can make it.

The lights for the resta youse guys I'll get out just as soon as the battery motherlode arrives.

Thanks to all for your kind understanding of my dire situation. I know my reputation for fast and early shipping is becoming tarnished somewhat...*sniff*.

X33

Enlightened

Thanks Mr Bulk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Cones

Enlightened

Thanks for the update! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can I remind you that you are going to add my VIP BH reflector into one of my two full Lionheart kits when you get to them.

Many Thanks
Mark

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

GOOD thing you mentioned that Mark... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
... I know my reputation for fast and early shipping is becoming tarnished somewhat...*sniff*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie,

I don't think you have any worries on that point.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just build them like you've been doing, giving them cutting edge MRBulk®™ approved functions and features, and we will line up to buy them.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Waiting is NOT an issue.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gifok i need sleep im geting more silly then normal.but i have erand in 3 hours n long bike ride to get there

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr. Bulk,

I am thoroughly enjoying the ride. All the way stations, sights along the way , even the bumps in the road are providing for an exquisite state of anticipation I haven't felt since I was a kid waiting for chistmas. Of course now I realize the fun in waiting so it's even better than it was back then. The longer my lionheart stays just beyond the next bend the longer I get to keep on cruisin through the countryside.

Yeah, I know, I'm cheesey, but I'm havin fun!

Thanks Mr. Bulk! Send mine last.

john_bud

Newly Enlightened

Mr. Bulk Said:
[ QUOTE ]
I also packed and will ship tomorrow as many orders as I could (not many unfortunately) using up the remaining few batteries I had (operative words here are "few" and "had") in order of earliest payments received, which means I finished up those who paid up to August 26th

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I just checked my Paypal date stamp and it is the 27th! In the words of that pre-eminent scholar and statesman, Maxwell Smart, "missed it by that much!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

Oh well, guess I know the answer to that age old question, How do you make a CPF'er crazy with anticipation?

But on a more serious note, The speed that these lights have gone from a concept to a shipping product with more features and gee whizies is fast enough to turn the established flashlight companies green with envy. Great Job as usual Mr B!

John Bud

garsea

Newly Enlightened

Don't sweat it Charlie, the wait has been exciting with all the updates and progress reports you have been supplying us. After all, it's only been about 4 months since this project got under way. Design build and all. Not too bad I think. Build them and we will buy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

Frame57

Newly Enlightened

John

What Time zone are you in? For instance my time stamp on my paypal said 10:24 AM BST (British Summer Time) 27 Aug 2004 however Hawaii is 11 Hours behind BST so Charlie would have recieved my Paypal at 11:24 PM 26 Aug 2004. So you may have squeeked in

Jim Skinner

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

Thanks for the updates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll keep an eye out as well, and I'm sure you'll hear the cheers as soon as people start receiving their lights. Thank you and the HAT team again for your dedication and hard work - this was truly a class act.

Edit: Anyone else hearing "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr, Bulk

Did any new features/functions make it into this HA3 build?

Hopefully I got lucky on #003 and an overachiever made its way into my light. Probably not knowing my luck but maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

Curtis

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
Mr, Bulk

Curtis

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a small easter eggs, on January the 1 st 2005 at 00:00, press and hold the button until 01:00, and you'll hear " Good Year" in Hawaiian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Likebright

Enlightened

Charlie,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
Mr, Bulk

Hopefully I got lucky on #003 and an overachiever made its way into my light. Probably not knowing my luck but maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

Curtis

[/ QUOTE ]

Waaal, AK-shully...there were two upgrades (same ones I will be sending out to the bare Al owners early next year). Not absolutely Necessary but just nice to have:

1) a different, lubed o-ring that sits on the bottom of the circuit board for now-bombproof water sealing. You can actually feel it "bite" into the top edge of the battery tube on the last portion of the final turn - even without a battery installed.

2) a custom-wound tapered coil compression spring replaces the Belleville. It was found that the 150 Pilas were not all exactly the same length and the Belleville washer spring by its very nature will not expand/contract enough to make up for this (that's IF you happen to have two batteries that are of different enough lengths), while the 3/8" travel of the new tapered coil spring easily will.

Now the DOWNSIDE to this improvement is that the battery tube must be completely unscrewed from the head module to break electronic contact, thus enabling switching between the two interfaces or to set the AutoDoze and Forced Brightness features. But given the advantages the new coil spring offers (that of accommodating different-length Pilas as well as better overall "feel" when screwing the body together), it was felt that this more than makes up for the small inconvenience of unscrewing the battery tube completely from the head module when selecting between interfaces or programming.

All HA3s and TW's CPF Special Editions already have these upgrades.

Bare Al owners only need write me (AFTER the first of the year, please!) to get an example of the new o-ring and spring mailed to them 1st-class. This is because some may not actually take their lights fully underwater and it is already water-resistant, and they may not like the inconvenience of totally detaching the tube from the head module to effect programming changes.

Striving to continually improve the product I remain, as ever, your very own

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
..I have decided on, and have indeed SHIPPED, all serial-number-selected orders...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Thanks for the updates and the last minit improvements, Charlie. Now, to wait til next week and camp by the mailbox...
daloosh

Status
Not open for further replies.