LOD CE head fits new Steamlight Microsteam body (tactical switch)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did find that I could remove the rubber boot for the switch from the back, just kind of push it sideways and you can pop it out.

I should note I have not been able to get the switch boot back on.

With the boot off it is much easier to depress.

The switch actually seems like a nice switch but it just needs to be pressed in too far. If you use something small to push the end of the cap it switches easily, but with the boot on it's very difficult to do with the thumb.

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up one of these also. I was very disappointed with the switch too. Way too difficult to activate. I haven't tried to remove the head yet. Not sure if I will either because of the switch. I kinda would like to try the clip on one of my LOD's. I think it would look nice on the new Q4 Red one I have coming. :sssh: Has any one tried to remove it yet? I toyed with it briefly and it wouldn't budge. Didn't want to bend it or scratch something. . :thinking:

cbubu

Newly Enlightened
I'm so sorry that your Streamlight switches arn't what you were waiting for :(
Mine's (Microstream and Stylus Pro) are hard to depress but I like that because I can keep it in my pocket without they switch on.
I use them with the end of the thumb and for me everything is Ok:
microstreamthumbmx6.jpg

Regards,

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I think they must have changed the switch in some way. I got one of the first few days deliveries that were reported here. Both my MicroStream and the Stylus Pro are very easy to activate. Really too easy to carry inside a pocket, but since I only planned to carry clipped to a pocket like a penlight, it was fine with me.
Maybe they'll hit a middle ground soon.

Flashlike

Enlightened
I called Streamlight this morning and talked to a lady in their Customer Service Department. She was very helpful, and explained that they were aware of the "switch problem" and that if I send my Microstream flashlight in they would replace the switch with a new improved one and ship it back to me.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm so sorry that your Streamlight switches arn't what you were waiting for :( Mine's (Microstream and Stylus Pro) are hard to depress but I like that because I can keep it in my pocket without they switch on. I use them with the end of the thumb and for me everything is Ok:

+1

After using StylusPro and MicroStream for a week, I'm fairly happy with their switches. My samples are somewhat stiff, requiring an estimated 10 to 15 pounds to click on or off.

However, I sort of like their stiff switches. No way these lights will ever switch on by accident when carried inside a pants or rucksack pocket!

The momentary function of the switches is great. With these lights I use momentary much more often than turning them fully on. When you just need light briefly, these little lights are so much handier to use than typical AAA twisty head lights.

IHMO, Streamlight has real winners with MicroStream and StylusPro. The StylusPro is by far the best penlight I've ever owned. The MicroStream is a decent little pocket light which offers great bang for the buck.

After reading this thread, I'm tempted to order an LOD CE just to get the head. A StylusPro equipped with an LOD CE multi-level head would make an excellent utility/backup light for outdoors use.

gorn

Enlightened
After reading the original post in this thread I ordered a Microstream from one of the millions of "tactiacl" equipment dealers on the web. It came in yesterday. I had some trouble removing the head until i remembered the put it in a baggie and boil it trick. I put the fenix head on the body and wow, what a nice set up. This is the perfect nightstand light. With the forward switch I can select my light level quickly and i'm good to go. The tailcap switch on the microstream that I recieved is perfect. Not to hard to activate, but not to soft either.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I guess I don't have a problem w/ the switch because I use my index finger to press it; and it's the earlier version (switch that is). I like having the switch w/ my Rebel 80 and being powered by a 10440.

Last edited:

Wolf

Newly Enlightened
I should know better then to check stuff out on here...
Came to check the reviews on the Stylus Pro, ended up ordering a micro stream, a stylus pro, a aw 10440/charger, and a L0D Q4
Guess I'll be posting pics of what the red L0D Q4 head looks like on the black streamlight body lol

garence

Newly Enlightened
I think the two-tone look might be nice. Definitely unusual! I've got a red L0D coming as well and now I'm tempted for a Microstream to compliment it. :D

Wolf

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I'm hoping the two tone look might work depending on how deep the red is. So far I got the streamlights in from lighthound (impressed me ordered thurs, here sat w/ reg shipping) turned each light on once to see if they worked then took the batterys out, ziplocked them up and boiled for 2-3 mins and they come apart pretty easy. Now I just need my l0d-q4 to show up, least before I get too tempted to see what happens to the stock microstream head + a 10440 :poof:??

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well One more question guys....

does the microstream body separates at teh amin body and a switch module part? is there a faint chance that it might make a +1 cell body for the fenix?

thnaks, Kostas

Wolf

Newly Enlightened
I kinda would like to try the clip on one of my LOD's. I think it would look nice on the new Q4 Red one I have coming. :sssh: Has any one tried to remove it yet? I toyed with it briefly and it wouldn't budge. Didn't want to bend it or scratch something. . :thinking:

I tried it and the clip does come off, just takes a little force to get it to move and on my stylus pro it didnt scratch the tail cap up any taking it off, IMO the black clip does look better on the L0D-Q4 Red (orange?) light, and the silver fenix clip doesnt look all that bad on the streamlight either :laughing:

well One more question guys....

does the microstream body separates at teh amin body and a switch module part? is there a faint chance that it might make a +1 cell body for the fenix?

thnaks, Kostas
Guessing you are trying to ask if you can use the microstream as a battery extension tube for the fenix? If that is the case, No it will not work the microstream body tube has a male thread on each end with the tail and head removed. On another note, the Stylus Pro (2x AAA) w/ 2 standard alkaline batts and the L0D-Q4 head I have seemed to be as bright as when I was testing it out w/ my 10440 in it which should make for a good alternative for those who are scared of making the LOD go :poof: with a 10440 but still want a insanely bright AAA batt light :cool:

I should have some pics of the orange L0D-Q4 head on the microstream/stylus pro bodys soon... when I get around to it. Plus as a extra treat if anyone cares I have pics of the guts (light engine) of the microsteam head (I got bored sunday while still waiting for the Q4 to show)

Last edited: