London UK get together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I just googled Hampstead heath and the second google dropdown was all about cruseing, seems to have quite a reputation....Not sure I'd like to tell my girlfriend that I plan to take my 'big guns' down to Hampstead heath for the evening. :kiss:

I cant do the 20th...maybee the next weekend :green:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 20th/21st wouldn't be much good for me, my work schedule conflicts pretty heavily. :shrug: Any of the other dates would be okay I think.

OK let's strike that off. I just checked the underground website and those dates also correspond to a track closure which includes hamstead station on the northern line so it would be a bad idea anyway.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just googled Hampstead heath and the second google dropdown was all about cruseing, seems to have quite a reputation....Not sure I'd like to tell my girlfriend that I plan to take my 'big guns' down to Hampstead heath for the evening. :kiss:

I cant do the 20th...maybee the next weekend :green:

haha! I saw that too, it's where George Michael was caught. but I read that if you avoid the areas around the public toilets, it's fine.
If anything bad happens to us we'll just blame nyctophiliac's navigational skills :nana:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to check out this pub and location this Saturday. Bit worried about the northern line as some people have said. The Heath is not non stop cruising so I have been told!
Not the 20th then. Any other date for me.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found this for info:

http://londonist.com/2005/08/londonist_loves_11.php

The Heath seems perfect for our purposes - Freemasons arms or Spaniard's Inn? I'll look at both this Saturday. In fact a nice path through the woods and past the ponds ( one of them at least ) goes from Spaniard's Inn to the Freemason's Arms. Torch Pub crawl? ( Not that I drink of course ).

Still checking the Northern Line.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll check the dates...hopefully I'll be able to make it this time :sigh:

It would be great to finally put some faces to the names :)

Regards,
Tempest

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from a day trip to the Heath with the kids.

Freemasons is pretty good and quite freindly - we'd have to book a table ( They are half pub half restaurant ) as it gets very busy on a Saturday night - but not too expensive ( about ten quid for mains ).

I've got pix and the menu but can't post them now - I'll try later when kids are asleep.

The Heath was very beautiful today.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, Sat eve is best for me too. You can add me to the list please.

Where's London Lad? If anyone should come to the London meet it should be the member with London in his user name!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's looking like it's probably going to be feb 27th

Essexman added to list (sorry I missed you out)

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's looking like it's probably going to be feb 27th

Essexman added to list (sorry I missed you out)

Cheers, can I make a little suggestion, once the date etc is set, we could drop the details (and a link to this thread) in our sig lines, that way more UK/London area members will find out about it?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice idea Essexman.

So yesterday we visited the Freemasons Arms.

4334827831_7721e8c379.jpg

We were there at four thirty to five and it wasn't packed, but lively. Mostly families and young thirty something groups ( Hampstead!)

4334814603_60b032300f.jpg

4334816779_e8fe07da39.jpg

They are a bit larger than these pics represent and have a large beer garden at the back - weather permitting - and a few tables out the front.

Over half of the inside is given over to Diners - so they said with a group of eight plus people meeting there - we would have to book in advance.

They were very friendly - have a good selection of drinks and food - and are the closest pub to the Heath that I can think of - with easy public transport access too - Hampstaed tube or overground and many buses. Parking might be a bit problematic, but the earlier we meet, the better for that.

Here's the menu for those that are interested.

4335560586_c2dc2042c8.jpg

4334821073_61b780103c.jpg

4334823121_4dbec3602a.jpg

4334825683_6b3810339b.jpg

So what do we think?

Meet at about 6 for drinks and nosh, then sunter up the paths to the other pub - The Spaniards Inn - through the heath - frightening rabbits and foxes and cruisers as we go?

27th A-OK for me!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, Freemason's arms it is, saturday feb 27th. Thanks for scouting it out Nyctophiliac.

post #1 updated.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, Nyctophiliac :thumbsup: It looks like a nice place.

I really want to (finally) make it to a UK meet, but I fear the dates might rule me out again. Even though the location is perfect!

Regards,
Tempest

Status
Not open for further replies.