London UK get together

Status
Not open for further replies.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bringing the PK1 is no problem, being 100% sure I can make it is more of a problem!

I have some stuff going on at the moment but I'll be there if I can :)

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Request from Blue Led to add him to the list as well - he's having a problem posting but would like to come.

I'm not even sure what a PK 1 is, but I'd like to see it.

If Orb comes I'd really like to see his proto MiL and the Wee with VBC. Makes me wish that I had a few impressive home mods to bring. But I suppose I'll be bringing my usual mixture of lights old and new, modded and stock.

But bearing in mind the walk - maybe I'll lay off bringing the heaviest lights!
Gloves and a scarf may be a necessity though.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which lights will everyone be bringing?

That's a good question, I don't have anything super special to bring to the party, so I'll bring my modded vintage miners torches as a don't think anyone else has any like it......... And maybe something that glows in the dark, and maybe some paracord bits and bobs. :D

Oooooooo if Rob comes along I think I'll try and bring some cash!

etherealshade

Enlightened
I've just realised I've got to work that night after all. :sigh: Wouldn't be able to make it along to the heath until a bit past 11 at the earliest. Hopefully I'll be able to make a meeting at a later date.

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
Essexman just pointed me at this thread. (Thanks Mate!)

Sounds fun, so I'm in (fingers crossed):)

I'll bring my Malkoff MD4 body / MD2 head / M60 M-CE dropin setup, ThruNite Catapult and depending on if I give in to temptation (and stock availability) something new and VERY bright :D

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
You say something new and bright? But you've already got the Catapault!

I think at this stage my only option is to go for vintage and retro!

Bring it on!!!

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
You say something new and bright? But you've already got the Catapault!

I think at this stage my only option is to go for vintage and retro!

Bring it on!!!

I'm thinking the O-Light SR90 "Intimidator"... (if Antony at Flashaholics has them in stock by the time of the meetup).

Although I'm waiting for the first reviews before I go for it - slightly concerned about (a) heat and (b) beam tint (it looks REALLY blue :green: from some of olight's publicity pics)

If only my 35W HID conversion wasn't deceased at the moment - I'd bring that too!! (although with camera and tripod I think the Malkoff and Thrunite will probably be enough to carry!:crackup:)

The Mrs has said she's coming too, so if the list could be ammended to TallNHairyDave +1 that would be cool ta! :) (For those here who are also on BB she's ShortNCuddlyAm over there - don't think she's on CPF).

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, that looks fabulous! Hope Anthony gets them in time. He should come along too! Nice chap and very good to deal with.

I think the Vintage idea should be renamed dim!!

Going to need dark glasses...

BTW - what's BB?

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW - what's BB?

BB = Britishblades.com another money pit....sorry I mean great forum with lots of nice people :grin2:

Nyctophiliac - we can compare dim lights, apart from my modded vintage lights which have Cree XRE LEDs in them.

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
BTW - what's BB?

Like essexman said, BB = Britishblades.com

A really nice forum for knife makers, knife collectors and a bit of bushcrafting. Also has a thriving small community of jamies who natter about torches and confuse everyone else ;)

And yeah, lots of lovely stuff to buy over there too!

Essexman - modded vintage lights with XREs in? OOOOH can't wait to see them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.