Longest Throw 2 Cell AA Flashlight

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
The longest throwing light that I know of is the DEFT. You can check it out.
The DEFT is a 4Cell AA right? This thread is for the longest throwing 2 cell AA.
Maybe I am missing something here, do they make one in 2AA?

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok... I found this thread about the DEFT. Nice one.

Do you think this 75w HID model would be able to keep up?

That's a good question. 75W is a lot of power in an HID. The DEFT you linked to was the least powerful of the larger DEFT lights. Look for the DEFT-HO for the top of the line. I think it would wise to start a new thread with your specific questions as they don't seem to really pertain to the discussion in this thread.

kartracer77

Newly Enlightened
I did a side by side comparsion of the Dereelight Javelin XPE R3 and the Eagletac p100A2 XRE R2. The p100A2 at 50ft has a smaller hot spot but is not as bright as the Javelin. At 100 meeters the Dereelight will illuminate a tree that the P100A2 will not. So in my actual testing the Dereelight Javelin XPE R3 is my 2-AA throw king.

j2k

Newly Enlightened
A stock Cree Maglite 2D with 2 eneloops in adapters outhrows my javelin and my 600 lumen M40A by quite a bit. It's like a damn laser when focused. Probably not a valid contender here thou :devil:

I'm kind of curious how throwy is the new (cree) Mini Mag .

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I did a side by side comparsion of the Dereelight Javelin XPE R3 and the Eagletac p100A2 XRE R2. The p100A2 at 50ft has a smaller hot spot but is not as bright as the Javelin. At 100 meeters the Dereelight will illuminate a tree that the P100A2 will not. So in my actual testing the Dereelight Javelin XPE R3 is my 2-AA throw king.

That's odd. Another odd thing was in our Javelins we reported the OP outhrowing the SMO reflectors(not by much). So I switched them in my Javelin and it was the OP that actually threw further.
Did the same test of throw and quality, the P100A2 XP-E R2 came out atop the Javelin with the XR-E R3 using 2AA and in quality.
There are even actual lux tests on here that the Javelin has less Lux then the P100A2 as done by Tre as well as others testing theirs side by side. If you look in my posted threads you'll find allot of 2AA throwers you can find out, sorry but it might be quite a dig by now.

In reality though I accepted that the difference in the 2AA thrower well was not that big and they can only throw so far.(Not using apsherics I mean)

Random thought:
I was looking at my PA40 and thought it be nice if it had a XR-E/XP-E driven high on in this.

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned
Try to find an Eagletac P20A2 with an XR-E pill. I've also heard good things about the Dereelight Javelin.
any of the EagleTac 2x AA models should do it. plus you get to choose from different LED pills.

EagleTac P100A2
EagleTac P10A2
EagleTac P20A2

And dont forget their lifetime warranty. If anything breaks, give them a call, and you get FREE replacement with FREE shipping.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Hi John, I to am a Eagletac fan I have the t100C2, t20C2 M3C4 single XML, and the D25LC2 Mini. If you want a light that takes 123's, I would recommend you get any of these with the exception of the mini as it is really not a thrower but for a small light is very very bright. Or you can do what I'm doing and try to wait patiently for eagletac to release the new MX25LC2.

What is this light? I didn't get anything doing a google search...

Johnbeck180

Enlightened

pinecone

Newly Enlightened
any of the EagleTac 2x AA models should do it. plus you get to choose from different LED pills.

EagleTac P100A2
EagleTac P10A2
EagleTac P20A2

And dont forget their lifetime warranty. If anything breaks, give them a call, and you get FREE replacement with FREE shipping.

Do any of the above models come with a choice of different reflectors?