Looking for info on USB memory sticks

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Corsair Flash Voyager 8Gb GT from NewEgg being delivered today. If it comes anywhere close to the 34Mb/s Read 28Mb/s Write claims, this looks to be one of the fastest flash drives around, if not the fastest. I've seen claims that the Patriot XPorter XT2 can read 39MB/s reads, but these are reaching the theoretical limits of USB2.0, so the real-world differences may depend more on the other hardware involved than the drives themselves.

I haven't found a review on the GT yet, but the previous version is reviewed in several places. They just started hitting the market in the past few weeks.

Here's a list of a few reviews, including this one where the reviewer cooked it, froze it, ran over it with a car, ran it through the dish washer, put it in a toaster, ran it through a washing machine, and an oven. The connect tip got bent by the car tire, and the time in a 215°C oven requried a re-format, but the drive still worked after all of that!

10-yr warranty, tough as nails, fast, and it comes with TrueCrypt, though I've already D/L'd 4.3 (released 19Mar2007). The only thing it lacks is hardware-based encryption.

Corsair Flash Memory Products
Flash Voyager GT Product Sheet

Last edited: