LUMENCRAFT - POLARIS (formerly EOS) - lots of renderings

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
But what with those people who wants to have a V2 or V1?:(
I like the simple, clean looks and colors of the V1 and may prefer that version although I could end up with a V2 and/or a V3 since I live near Walter's giant factory that turns out these lights in great numbers. All I have to do it drive over there and have a look to see what I like and then find the money to buy. I do like the V3 but will wait for further developments to decide. Knowing Walter's dedication to quality and execution one can't go wrong with any of the versions.

Steve

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to say this, but so far interest is just not large enough to make this light feasible or even continue to evaluate it. Back in the old days a cpf thread like that would have had a lot more exposure I think... or the threads we started back then...

Maybe its the odd location here where we are required to post, or maybe its that the design is not interesting enough, or some other reason.

After about 2 weeks, having only about 15-20 people interested so far is just not enough to make this light a reality....or to explore further... or we'd have to find other sources to find more people interested... I think 100 or close to 100 is the minimum... but I think we'd need to see about 50 people interested... to get there.. at elast.

Anyone have an idea why? Is it the design? or thread location? or did cpf lose members and traffic? or is there just more other lights available? or what's going on? Or is it just my perception.... any ideas?

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi Walter!

I think one point is the thread location...:rolleyes:

On the other way its very hard to say, what other people think about
design...

Me on my own, i am very sad about that. then please produce
the gatlight b3 ti again...:D

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to say this, but so far interest is just not large enough to make this light feasible or even continue to evaluate it. Back in the old days a cpf thread like that would have had a lot more exposure I think... or the threads we started back then...

Maybe its the odd location here where we are required to post, or maybe its that the design is not interesting enough, or some other reason.

After about 2 weeks, having only about 15-20 people interested so far is just not enough to make this light a reality....or to explore further... or we'd have to find other sources to find more people interested... I think 100 or close to 100 is the minimum... but I think we'd need to see about 50 people interested... to get there.. at elast.

Anyone have an idea why? Is it the design? or thread location? or did cpf lose members and traffic? or is there just more other lights available? or what's going on? Or is it just my perception.... any ideas?

DEFINITELY thread location
. I think it would be better in Custom B/S/T as the previous sales threads were. (or even better, your own sub section - which I believe is coming!)

I mentioned this in my first post #14

JohnTz

Enlightened
I think things at CPF in general have been a little too quiet lately. But I also agree that thread location is a problem. I am confident you can sell one hundred of these. The V3 is just too cool. It will sell.

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
I'm suprised there hasn't been more interest in this too. $150 seems like a deal for the V1 if you can hit that price point. $400 seems quite reasonable for the V3, just out of my price range. The price of the V1 compares very well to other quality multi-level EDC lights like the Novatac, New Arc, SF E1L, E1B, and L1. The interface is much nicer IMHO, and it's as small or smaller than all of them.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walter,

I am in for at least 75... now if only we can get 10 more people, that would make 100:green:

Just kidding about the 75 but I would certainly be even more interested than I was in the previous EOS design. This light looks so much better. I will bet if you post in B/S/T, that the interest would be greater.

For me, this light is a wonderful design at a fantastic price point. If I may be so bold, I think that it has equal "cool" appeal as the Gatlight, but in a more pocketable and utilitarian package. I would not want Sapphire crystal for the body as I would be afraid that it would break, but the aluminum, leather or even a polycarbonate window would work out.

I would also prefer a reflector over the optic.

I would pay you in advance for this light is how much I like it.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
well cpf bst is where we posed in the past which worked great... but we were told to post here now, so I can't change the location... and regarding the sub forum... it has been a month...since we were told that, but we'll see... meanwhile I guess we'll have to look elsewhere or just bury this project.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
After realizing the value of some other goodies I have, I could probably prepay for a V3 as well. The sapphire is just too cool to pass up. I'm sure there just isn't enough exposure here in this end of the woods.

Would really be a bummer to see this stay as a vapor based light.

Zman

Enlightened
Guys,
I think the lights are great, and have potential to sell quantities of 100+. Believe it or not, I think the thread title is part of the problem. I've been around a few years, and have purchased a few custom lights and have seen much of the excitement. I'm not as hard core as before, and now I just occasionally check the 'new posts' I barely spotted this thread, and wasn't sure what it was about. Luckily I chose it and checked into it.

Unfortunately I don't have a great suggestion as to how to make the title more obvious or attractive.

My two cents, I hope it helps.
Charlie

dirkp

Enlightened
i also think that it is the thread location.
in this area i look not so often.

if you could make a post in the custom area, i think you find your 50 people :naughty:

gjg

Enlightened
I'm in for a V2 or V3. I agree with the group - build it and it will sell. Once a glass and Ti prototype V3 comes out and there's more than a computer simulation, folks will jump on it - totally unique.
gg :D

Sable

Enlightened
Still in for A V3! Even without a clip (Though I'd hate to ugly one up by building my own)...

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Mobile1, I bought one Gatlight V2 and I just want to know if your new project will have the same on/off/dim switch ?

You can add me for one Polaris V3 Ti-Sapphire crystal version in your list of interested people :)

If you accept me ;)