Lumens Factory E-series bodies

elzilcho

Enlightened
Does anyone know if these will be available from US-based dealers at some point? PayPal wouldn't cooperate when I tried to buy one straight from LF, I assume it's because they're offshore.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for everyone's support.
We just released these bodies over the weekend and I hope they will meet the high standards of CPFers.

Hi Timothy.
Those "E (Head Only)" on our site are for our LED modules, we offer them separately in case customers need them for projects or replacements.
We are working hard on an incandescent head replacement for the E Series, it is actually the most difficult part of the entire light.
But we are not giving up on incandescent support, hopefully prototypes and test productions will go smoothly and we can bring something out in a few months.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark,

I think that you may want to consider making two-way clips for e1/e2 lights. These are always in demand!

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Hey Mark,

I think that you may want to consider making two-way clips for e1/e2 lights. These are always in demand!

Surely you meant E1e/E2e reversible clips? To my limited knowledge, there has never been a reversible clip for the E1/E2; clips for those models are rivited to the teardrop head-reflector, and many are not removeable without permanetly altering the head. I have seen reversible clips for various models compatible with the Executive Elite series, not sure if these were on E1L and E2L, or Outdoorsman, but definitely on the new E-series compatible Aviator.

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the clips for e1e/e2e for sure. The problem with these clips and the ones for other sf lights is that they are not available for sale. And it is next to impossible to get replacement if you are overseas

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Often times 2 way clips are called reversible, same as calling a hot water tank a hot water heater....

Tomatoe/Tomahtoe.... in the end I feel confident Mark knows what we mean.
The E clip that allows bezel up or down carry.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Yes, the clips for e1e/e2e for sure. The problem with these clips and the ones for other sf lights is that they are not available for sale. And it is next to impossible to get replacement if you are overseas

That is all true. The reversible clips for E1e and the one for E2e almost require acquiring a near identical light that has come stock with the 2-way clip, and using it for parts, which makes us cry. Lumens Factory should be encouraged to provide such clips for separate purchase if Surefire will not, for the reasons you state. I wanted to make sure LF didn't instead design a 2-way clip for the E1/E2 if it wasn' going to help you or any other non-E1/E2 owner, such as myself. The clips we need are a 2-way clip for E1e, like that on the new Aviator, and for the E2e, like Surefire put stock on some other E-series compatible 2-cell light that I can't name for sure (E2L?).

Often times 2 way clips are called reversible, same as calling a hot water tank a hot water heater....

Tomatoe/Tomahtoe.... in the end I feel confident Mark knows what we mean.
The E clip that allows bezel up or down carry.

I am pedantic, often, but I like accuracy, and now you have misunderstood me, bykfixer, while ma tumba knew exactly what I meant, which is that an E1 is not an E1e, an E2 is not an E2e, and while a 2-way or reversible clip would surely be welcome for the few E1 or E2 owners that have a removeable hex screw holding the stock clip to the head rather than a rivet, neither Surefire nor anyone else has ever made a reversible clip that works 2-ways for those early E-series E1/E2 lights. I believe there is a pocket clip that works head down for all Surefire E-series that slips around the tail threads, held on by the tailcap, but it isn't reversible. Some have fixed a head down pocket clip to a z68 with screws, which should fit on an E1/E2, but again, not reversible. Anyway, no one says "tomahtoe." That is a fact.

You guys like pedantry, right? I am an amatuer pedantrist, but some day I'd like to go pro.

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened

DSC_7618-1.jpg

http://www.geocities.ws/da_shwartz/e1eg.jpg

http://img-cdn.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/AVIATOR-AM-1L.jpg

https://cdn.outdoorhub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/08/SureFire-E1L-and-E2L.jpg

edit: sorry, unhosted images.
edit2: that E1 image is hosted, so... dig the E1 and this one has a clip that is removable without permanent alteration of the head.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes please LF, we need 2 way clips like on the E1B MV, E1D, EDCL1-T, Aviator, etc.

And, a P60 head for these new bodies like the Malkoff VME would be sweet too.

Also, a high/low tailcap like the Elzetta one but, for these new "E" bodies would be awesome as well.

Last edited:

JohnSmith

Enlightened
+1 on those 2-way clips. There's no other source. Price them correctly and people will order multiples to stockpile in their "just-in-case" parts box.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
The E1 is a crosshair logo. The E2 a tear drop.

Yup, mine all mine. lol

Both have Lumens Factory bulbs in them.

That E1 is one of the nicest, in the nicest condition, I have ever seen (only seen on Internet, never IRL). Now please put the crosshairs back in the safe before I cause a blemish on it by staring too long at your picture.

Yes please LF, we need 2 way clips like on the E1B MV, E1D, EDCL1-T, Aviator, etc.

And, a P60 head for these new bodies like the Malkoff VME would be sweet too.

Also, a high/low tailcap like the Elzetta one but, for these new "E" bodies would be awesome as well.

Everything you said. Pretty sure LF sells E to C adapters, but... why not a thread-compatible P60 head for E-series?

LF, please consider a two-stage momentary/twisty switch in z52, which Surefire never had available for E-series until the recent EDCL-1/2 tailswitch, but only on incan A2 Aviator and some L-series. Though not what Surefire used (nor I expect what they are now using), McGizmo developed the McE2S for his Aleph tailcaps, thread compatible with E-series, but also gave it away to the world, and a few lucky ones have this in one of its forms in a Surefire z52. There are a lot of threads at CPF discussing the McE2S, including the development thread from 2005 (can't seem to find right now or I'd link to it).

But do us one better, Lumens Factory, and develop a two-stage hi/lo momentary/twisty for incan, which has never existed and several from these forums have said it is impossible, but I will never believe that. There is nothing unethical about underdriving a lamp, but how can it be done with a 2-stage tailcap in a way to increase runtime with a lower lamp-"mode" and not catch on fire? If you develop it... we will deplete your stocks.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adding of these E bodies was a wise move :) I have ordered a head+body+tail cap already. And I guess I will be not the only one.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Dear Mark@LF,

I cannot understand IMR battery warning coming with E series 3-3.7V heads. At the same time it lists AW17650 as an option (4.2V max). I don't get the point :)

P.S.: OK, I have read the chapter about fake AW IMR cells. But the question is still up: are these heads safe with max Li-Ion voltage of 4.2V?

The 3-3.7V (in fact all 3-3.7V LED products we have) are safe with single Li-Ion with max voltage of 4.2.
The design voltage of the circuit is 2.5V-4.5V, so it is for 1 cell setups (1 x CR123A and 1 x 3.7V Li-Ion Rechargebles)
We named it 3-3.7V according to what the battery are rated.
Sorry for the confusions.

Cheers

Mark

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Does anyone know if these will be available from US-based dealers at some point? PayPal wouldn't cooperate when I tried to buy one straight from LF, I assume it's because they're offshore.

You can try the Lumens Factory eBay store, should work out since it'll be through eBay US.
Not gonna post a link here in case it violates the policy on CPF.

Cheers.

Mark

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hey Mark,

If you want to know the truth, I hate them. LOL
I like the good old 1 sided clips, I think they look the best.
But you got a point about people wanting them, I'll see what I can do.

Clips are the most difficult and costly part of the entire light, these need to be stamped which is very expensive and not viable to be made in small amounts.
That damn QPQ blackening is a PITA to get right and also a very expensive process.

Anyways, I'll look into it.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hey there!!

I haven't seen you in a while for sure! Things ar epicking up in 2018 so I hope to be getting things going again with you soon!

Indeed, been real busy with all the stuff and I got married finally on September :D
So it has been a crazy 2017 for me, be back in the office over time now to get the projects done.

Cheers.