Mag-Tac LED new from Mag-Lite...

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
The MAG-TAC flashlight will be released in "several months time".
There are no plans for a 1xAA Solitaire.
The 1xAAA Solitaire 'LED' will be released early next year.
2xAA PRO mini will ship for Christmas.
There are no plans for a 2xAAA PRO.

And, as of right now, MagLite does NOT KNOW what a 18650 cell is. So, if you live in their area, knock on their door and offer them one.

JacobJones

Enlightened
I notice that in the picture the anodising looks matte black instead of their usual shiny black, fingers crossed that it's not just something to do with how the photo was taken and they are actually going to make them matte black

lapd.erik

Newly Enlightened
This is a good move for mag to get a good lumen output light for the 'unenlightened' crowd. A big plus since mag is pretty much available at just about every hardware store out there.

Lapetus

Banned
Finally.

I would not be surprised though if this move has been forced upon them by a dwindling market for big heavy d cell lights.

Whole new world though unknown to them competing in the cr123 or 18650 leagues.

carrot

Flashaholic
Surefire welcomes Maglite to the 1980's era with Mag's first usage of the wonderful CR123 cell.

In other news, I am excited to see Maglite try harder to become relevant to people like us, who have an unnatural obsession with lighting tools.

Burgess

Flashaholic
- I dunno, I could be wrong but why did they put "Final Performance Specs Subject to Change"?
Maybe they don't have that many working prototypes? :confused:

Because once they ship their several units to a Certified ANSI Testing Center,
it usually takes Several Months or More until getting their "Official Flashlight Ratings".

My guess is, there are already LOTS of these little guys, sitting in a Mag Warehouse.

:popcorn:

I just hope it has S-O-S mode !

:p
_

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard ano & cr123a's- if it has a glass lens, I think maglite has finally made a light whose popularity won't get uknewbie banned. But if this is not z fake ad, how was Robin24k left out of the loop?! Maglite better not be letting him go, because he moves alot of product- makes you want to buy an XL, even in his surefire reviews!

The MAG-TAC flashlight will be released in "several months time". :)

There are no plans for a 1xAA Solitaire. :mad:

The 1xAAA Solitaire 'LED' will be released early next year. :rock:

2xAA PRO mini will ship for Christmas. :cool:

Exciting times!

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
But if this is not z fake ad, how was Robin24k left out of the loop?! Maglite better not be letting him go, because he moves alot of product- makes you want to buy an XL, even in his surefire reviews!
Probably because it's still in development and won't be released in the near future. I'll check with them next week and find out, but I don't think it's going to be for 2011.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably because it's still in development and won't be released in the near future. I'll check with them next week and find out, but I don't think it's going to be for 2011.

Since you were at least as far ahead on the mini pro, I could see why you were skeptical of this one in your first post. But you're convinced now? Either way keep us updated. You're our go-to source for official MagLite updates!

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offense to the OP, but a low number of posts and no image isn't very convincing. I think the scan is pretty convincing, and the light could be demo'd at SHOT 2012...

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
http://www.maglite.com/feedback.asp

Just scroll down in the above link, fill everything out, ask your questions, and they'll get back to you within a couple working days. Its how I got my answer of "several months time".

I guess that when you move the volume of Maglite, they'll need a warehouse of them before they can announce it, just to fill the inventory and shelf space of many stores. I bet that it will sell well.

Harry999

Enlightened
I'm getting more excited about future Maglite Offerings. I still have a 6D Maglite I keep for nostalgic reasons but I have not used any Maglite as an EDC since 2001. That might change...

nzo012

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading this forum for many years. I don't post very often on any of the forums that I belong to. But, I do read the post often. I have actually read the post on this forum for much longer than I have been registered. I have been into flashlights since the 70's. I have almost every vintage KEL-Lite in my collection that I bought when they were brand new.

I saw the ad for the new Mag-Tac lite in a magazine and wanted to find out if anyone here knew anything about it, because I had not heard a single word about it until then. Plus I thought it would be of interest to all on this forum who also hadn't heard of it.

I did not Photoshop a fake Maglite ad. Feel free to look at The American Police Beat Magazine yourself. I highly doubt that some photo hacker mocked up this ad and paid the cost of a full page ad in a national police magazine just to give some select people some false excitement.

Burgess

Flashaholic
* * * A T T E N T I O N * * *

Hey everybody --

Just saw in my Television listings . . . .

October 4th (Tuesday), at 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Time

the show " Made in America " (which i have never watched)

is gonna' feature Mag-Lites made in their California factory !

It is my understanding that this is a Brand-New airing, not broadcast previously.

It's on " Travel Channel " , which happens to be channel 277 for my DirecTV.

I'll be watching it !

Just wanted to give y'all a Heads-Up !

:wave:
_

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "XL" family has morphed. So, they going to take on Surefire?

They need to make sure that a single 18650 works. If it doesn't, they just lost most of this forum.

They trademark'd "Mag-Tac" last summer.

Why is that? The CPF community is very small to Mag's overall sales, and they probably don't care to or want to endorse, or engineer the ability to use some lego-battery setup in their lights.