Maglite Solitaire Review

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The funniest thing about this thread, I think, is that the solitaire is an AMAZING light after being treated to the LED upgrade module that was finally released a few months ago. I really do have 5 of those things sitting around here. I don't use them, but my daughters (4 and 5 years old) love them, in their favorite colors of pink and yellow. Two each of those colors, and a copper one I bought a while back for the kicks, round out my solitaire cache. Theirs have matching lanyards and go with them whenever we are going camping or to watch fireworks or whatever at night and they might need them. Amazing little lights, I think, even when its not april fools day.

schiesz

LEDpencil

Newly Enlightened
I also am the owner of the mag solitaire. After reading this thread I lit the gas with a match as mentioned eriler. I tripped over this powerful beam and fell down the stairs.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. What to do with my mint black Solitare? I dare not turn it on as it would make my other lights pale in comparision!

Patriot

Flashaholic
LEDninja said:
The Krypton gas must have leaked out on mine. I have to feel my way up the stairs.

ROFL!!! yeah, I think the same thing has happened to mine.

bridgman

Enlightened
If anyone has not yet read the Google April Fools offering it's worth heading over there before they take it down. It's neither as inspired nor as subtle as the Solitaire review but they sure put a lot of work into it.

Google offers free broadband internet...

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign: I thought it was a joke right from the beginning expecting a punchline at the very end. When there wasn't one I had to think for a few seconds and then I realized what yesterday was. Thanks for the laugh!

LightInDarkness

Newly Enlightened
rscanady said:
Light,

No hard feelings, I did not mean any insult and Cutlery perfectly explained what was meant by my statement, funny stuff none the less though, gotta love April Fools.

Ryan

I know you didn't. It was my misunderstanding of things. All is well....

carrot

Flashaholic
Thanks everybody for participating in this thread and making it a successful prank! I enjoyed reading all (most) of the comments!

sims2k

Enlightened
Love the Solitaire after upgrading to the ArcMania Super MJ LED 3mm upgrade for Maglight Solitaire Flashlight SMJLED from Lighthound.com...

Vickers

Enlightened
carrot said:

Aw man, I didn't check this thread until just now...unfortunately, I went by Target today and saw that they were only $124.00.

Thinking that you might want to keep yours, and "a bird in the hand" and all that, I bought several of them on the spot...imagine my surprise when they rang up for $1.24 each!!!!!

They must have been mismarked, but I'm not saying anything.:sssh:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well..... I know it was a joke... but I had a Solitaire on my keychain for many years .... and most of the time it worked!

It was just replaced by a Miller Mod ARC AAA Cree. :) Talk about stepping out of the past and into the future. :rock:

Latest posts