• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Yet again, an enthusiastic CPF thread is better than any possible advertisement. :)

You can reserve a light in advance by sending $50 via PayPal to [email protected] with the Subject Line "Mako Reservation". Once the lights are ready to ship I will contact you individually for the balance; any lights not reserved prior to the completion of the project will be sold through this thread until the stock is depleted.
Question on the reservation system; Would you be so kind as to update this thread occasionally with the number of reservations taken (out of 75)? That would be helpful for those of us who are still 'on the fence'. Thanks,

fantastic! count me in! PP deposit sent.
Funny how the 'standard-bearer' of the Mako Flood ends up being the first one to post in this thread, lol. ;)

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoo boy, this thread is filling up fast! Slow it down guys, I need another day to charge my PayPal with a few more bucks! :nana:

JMP

Enlightened
:paypal: I was thinking about getting a sapphire GS for my keys. I missed having one. Lets see if this will fill the void....

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
ffemt623:
This new batch of lights will sell for $150, plus $12 shipping via UPS to anywhere in the US, and $30 shipping worldwide. Orders have been placed for all the parts, and I am expecting to have the project complete and shipped by the end of March.

I don't really like the standard pre-order model, nor managing a list of "tentatively interested" parties, so I'm going to try something different and see how it goes.

You can reserve a light in advance by sending $50 via PayPal to [email protected] with the Subject Line "Mako Reservation". Once the lights are ready to ship I will contact you individually for the balance; any lights not reserved prior to the completion of the project will be sold through this thread until the stock is depleted.

To anyone who reserves a Mako I will also extend a $25 discount and free shipping to an Aeon purchase – simply send a PayPal payment for $100 (normally $125) to the same address as above with the subject "Aeon-Mako Order". Aeons typically ship out in 2-3 weeks, and only natural hardcoat ones are available (See www.muyshondt.net/aeon.shtml for more information on the Aeon).

If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask in the thread, or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Kestrel: About 1/3 are currently claimed. I'll put in another milestone marker at around 50 pieces.

Thanks folks.

Enrique

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
...flood versions.... Are these vastly different from the original being advertised as a flood version?

karlheinz3: They're pretty different. I don't have any beamshots, but perhaps one of the owners of the original five could oblige you.

does this help?

Mako "60" Flood on left --- standard Mako on right

Mako-standard-vs-Mako-Flood.jpg

...Funny how the 'standard-bearer' of the Mako Flood ends up being the first one to post in this thread, lol. ;)

i'm just fastest on the trigger: if since June you checked three times daily for any new threads by Endeavour, you might have been first too. one has got to be quick around here!!!!

Last edited:

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Count me in.

Paypal sent for both. This is cool, I was thinking I'd like to grab an extra Aeon, while they can still be had.

Thanks.