• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in.
If I'd done this years ago, I'd probably only own two or three flashlights, instead of having them all over the house.
That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

neonecko

Newly Enlightened
1st post!

Paypal has been sent for the reservation. Really excited to finally get a nice AAA light to compliment my Quark. My first custom too! Keep up the amazing work Enrique!

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

The LEDs are on order and the PCBs will be done next week. I spoke with the machine shop today and they've started work on the heads already. The project is coming together quite smoothly (and the machining started much quicker than anticipated). I'm expecting to have the titanium parts in by the end of January.

About 2/3 of the lights from the run are claimed.

Thanks folks! :)

Enrique

moeman

Enlightened
Late to the party but :paypal: for the reservation and for an Aeon, too.
Thanks Enrique, I had hoped these would happen eventually :)
Chris

Just found a picture of one of the original Mako's:

IMG_0004.jpg

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Just a short update: I've received the LEDs and ran a few tests - the original ones I had on the five flood Makos were a fairly cool white at 9000K color temperature - the nice thing about those LEDs (and the narrow ones used in the first run, too), were that they had a nice, uniform beam color without yellow/blue amalgamations common to most other "white" LEDs. In the intervening time period I've become a pretty big fan of neutral beam colors, and the LEDs used in this batch of flood Makos will be a fairly pleasing 4500K in color temperature, providing a nice, true-white beam color.

I'll have some pictures for you all Monday to show the differences. :)

Thanks folks.

Enrique