MDs Lithium-Ion > Incandescent guide + compatability/comparison chart

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loved that M6 rechargeable thread, had be yearn and get my own M6, FM adapter and WA1185!

Then I went a step further...

To this day I keep an FM bi-pin with a WA1185 in a KT4 head on a 3x18650 HA body with ready cells for duty in the yard.

Such a sweet sweet incan!

fluxgojuice

Newly Enlightened
I have a P61 lamp for the Surefire Z2 of mine and I dropped an Orbtronic 16650 into it, and while it's dimmer than using two CR123A's, it is almost as bright as a P60 lamp with CR123A's, but with a modified spectrum, fluoresses on certain metals, and since you're under-volting the lamp, it doesn't get anywhere near as hot and lasts longer. I think. Orbtronic only ships protected 16650s. I use a XTAR VC2SL (latest USB Type-C input) for charging, which Orbtronic sells as well.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a P61 lamp for the Surefire Z2 of mine and I dropped an Orbtronic 16650 into it, and while it's dimmer than using two CR123A's, it is almost as bright as a P60 lamp with CR123A's, but with a modified spectrum, fluoresses on certain metals, and since you're under-volting the lamp, it doesn't get anywhere near as hot and lasts longer. I think. Orbtronic only ships protected 16650s. I use a XTAR VC2SL (latest USB Type-C input) for charging, which Orbtronic sells as well.
Option 1- To use rechargeable cells 2P 18650 will work little better because pair of parallel 18650 cells will keep the voltage higher than single 16650 and will run 3 times longer.

Option 2- You can also use same above host for
2P/2S rechargeable 123A batteries (total of 4 batteries). This option will give you normal operation voltage.

Option 3- Another option is
4AA body if you can find one. This option will give you slight over voltage.

Last edited: