"Mini Tag" Keychain/Neck Light with Builtin Recharging

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the "Revised" Gen2: (nevermind the bubbles in the silicone :sick2:)
IMAG0051.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6202.jpg

Here is one advantage of the little magnets in the side. It even sticks to
the metal corner strips on drywall :cool:

Don't worry, I haven't ruined a credit card with the magnets..

And the Insides:

And Charging:

This is the final design of the light. Although the looks of it will
be much cleaner and precise after they are machined/waterjet cut.

The Sales thread goes up soon!

Last edited:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
Is there any place I can see pics of the production units of your previous offer (the chimera) ?
I would like to see what kind of finish and precision one can exect of the production units of this little gem... I pay lots of attention to fit and finish, I love the "perfect" look of machines parts. Assembly is important too.

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
Is there any place I can see pics of the production units of your previous offer (the chimera) ?
I would like to see what kind of finish and precision one can exect of the production units of this little gem... I pay lots of attention to fit and finish, I love the "perfect" look of machines parts. Assembly is important too.

well, i am still selling the chimera mini :)
But the pics are in the first post:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226554
They are the first set of 5 pics

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry my question wasn't clear. What I am looking for is pictures of completely assembled production model, as opposed to unassembled shells or assembled prototypes... Any chance you have that kind of pics?
Thanks

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tino ale, I have a Chimera mini. If you are interested I will take pictures of it and send them to your e-mail address should you want to give me an address via a PM. It is about as "stock" a mini as you can get--no trits and with just a polished perimeter. I have "installed" magnets at the four corners to permit attachment to ferrous metals for use but other than that...Let me know.

Karl

lumen_eater

Newly Enlightened
i love the form factor! but will there be an high power led version of this ? 150 bucks is quiet a lot of money for just 2 standard leds ...2 rebels or xp-e/g's would rock :whistle:

Last edited:

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
i love the form factor! but will there be an high power led version of this ? 150 bucks is quiet a lot of money for just 2 standard leds ...2 rebels or xp-e/g's would rock :whistle:

Well, I am kind of taken back by this question :huh:

There is no way anyone could pull off a light
with 2 of those led you mention because the
battery would not be able to handle it.
And Even IF it were possible, The runtime
would be about 30sec :poof:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
150 bucks is quiet a lot of money for just 2 standard leds ...2 rebels or xp-e/g's would rock :whistle:

Did you join to save money?

there is a lot of work and thinking behind lights like these..
And research to say the least...

Materials like CF and TI is not cheap either...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must say its turned into a VERY nice light. i would love to buy it, but 150 is a bit steep at the moment, so i will wish you all the best, and hope to own/buy one at some point. :)

also, i DO think $150 is a very fair price, given the amount of work that went, and is going into it.

Might I also suggest saberwolf, that you put links in your Sigline to the chimera and this light and so on? would be a great way to get attention, and make it easier for us to find those threads.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

You got to see past what's used for the emitter. The 150 bucks are for one-of-a-kind light in terms of design, special materials and engineering. Much has been explained of the development. If you are for a bright light, maybe it's not for you. Or you could get the Mini Chimera. :shrug:

dom

Enlightened
The Wolf is swapping out my 2 puny LEDS
for an 6 die Ostar.:party:
He did send me the runtime -but i forgot:huh:

Cheers
Dom