• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mini Turbohead M2-XML2 Direct Drive

BingoBongo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Moddoo for testing,and all others too:)! But 20Lumens are really low..... I hope the AA Energizer Lithiums performed a little better.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just tested this with a couple Energizer Lithium AA.

Output is somewhere over 200 Lumens on fresh cells.

Great pic KG!

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
You'll notice an M4 sticking up that I purchased in preparation of a secret oveready M project a couple years ago... never did see it. Did I miss it?

Maxbelg

Enlightened
Just tested this with a couple Energizer Lithium AA.

Output is somewhere over 200 Lumens on fresh cells.

Great pic KG!

Quite interesting! I assume it will be somewhat lower with 2 alkalines? Is the Oveready custom black HA body on my C2 compatible with the Oveready bored 18350 extender?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Is the Oveready custom black HA body on my C2 compatible with the Oveready bored 18350 extender?

Sure thing, these extenders are intended to be used with all P/C/Z bodies.

Update: More MT heads have the green light, should be a fun spring!

Maxbelg

Enlightened
I have an Oveready 18350 bored extender and AA sleeve on the way, but I have been able to organize this solution in the meantime. I just popped AA alkalines in there and got an estimated 220-250 lumen compared to HDS 250! I use a McClicky for convenience in this setup. I love being able to use readily available AAs with this head!!! What do you think?
IMG_0112_zpsqrn8kt80.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsj1jfy7im.jpg

Maxbelg

Enlightened
Sweet, that's great to know!

Yes it's very versatile and can run on almost anything.
You can run with the right host and spacers:

A SINGLE Primary CR123A (more than 100 Lumen initially)
A SINGLE PROTECTED 16340, 14500, 17670, 16650, 18650 (output varies)
2 AA Alkaline, Lithium Primaries (initially more than 200 Lumen) or NIMH (+-20 Lumen)

This is truly great and not only makes it my favorite single level light but also one of my most versatile lights!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Yes it's very versatile and can run on almost anything.
You can run with the right host and spacers:

A SINGLE Primary CR123A (more than 100 Lumen initially)
A SINGLE PROTECTED 16340, 14500, 17670, 16650, 18650 (output varies)
2 AA Alkaline, Lithium Primaries (initially more than 200 Lumen) or NIMH (+-20 Lumen)

This is truly great and not only makes it my favorite single level light but also one of my most versatile lights!

Kinda makes me want to but a Pelican Case for a "Kit" with all the tubes, batts, tailcaps and stuff. :naughty:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Lego-ed this OR custom HA III bored extender with a RPM Tailcap and a OR 18mm delrin 2xAA sleeve. Running Eneloops at the moment.

Wow. Talk about a task light! The brightness is perfect for the house. 20 -40 lumen would be my guess. And the TC allows tail standing. Wonder what the runtime would be??

BingoBongo

Newly Enlightened
Nice, 200 Lumens on Alkalines and Lithiums are pretty useful! It makes the MT very flexible,i think the reliable,strongest,built forever- AA Flashlight is born:)!

Hope i see this week a little USPS Box in my mail!!!

trubltmols

Newly Enlightened
It'll even run on AA's? That's amazing! What does one needs to place AA's in a 18650 body? My Oveready bored C2 body with triad tailcap arrived today, impeccable quality all the way. My mini turbo I lucked into on the classifieds will be here tomorrow. So excited to put it together! I'm a plan ahead kind of guy and the versatility to alternate batts appeals to me. What do I need?