Modded PGL-IIIA

jtice

Flashaholic
The matches will matter.
I was lighting matches with my 100mW GBS-100 module,
and noticed some matches wouldnt light at all.
Marking them with a black marker helps.

Madz

Enlightened
When overpotting the module. If the module is staying completely cool and there appears to be no mode hopping. Then, is there any damage being done?

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Madz said:
When overpotting the module. If the module is staying completely cool and there appears to be no mode hopping. Then, is there any damage being done?

Yes, it is still being aged at a much accelerated rate. Just because it doesn't mode hop and seems only means it is working well visually right at this point in time; tomorrow, next or next month...who knows.

Jack

btcomm

Newly Enlightened
I've got a question. At what mw rating does the laser not become more visable and just able to burn things quicker? Or does it always get more visable the more power it puts out?

Athoul

Enlightened
Roughly 4x the power will give you 2x the visible brightness (aprox). So for example, you would not really notice a visible difference between 140mW and 180mW. There would be greater burning ability in the 180mW though.

abeepak1

Newly Enlightened
Man U guys Just have the guts to try the mod!! If I were u I would not risk boosting the PGL-IIIA because I just dont want to risk throwing the $200

Down the drain.Suggestion----Always think before you do anything and you must know what u are doing,otherwise the $200 dollar just goes bye bye for nothing

Check Out This LiNk!
http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47010408

Dj_sTyLz808

Newly Enlightened
ok I just noticed something about my laser dot.When I turn it on the dot kinda shifts a half a second after its on.Is this mode hopping? If so how should I fix this? Turn the pot back down?

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
I don't know.

What I do know is that turning your pot two full turns probably had something to contribute to it.

Yobresal

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes this sort of thing is related to the amount of power in the batteries. I've noticed that after modifying mine, the battery power goes really fast, and when it does go, the power and dot change a bit when i turn it on. Try using fresh batteries, if that doesn't work and it really bothers you just trun it back down a bit.

Dj_sTyLz808

Newly Enlightened
Yobresal said:
Sometimes this sort of thing is related to the amount of power in the batteries. I've noticed that after modifying mine, the battery power goes really fast, and when it does go, the power and dot change a bit when i turn it on. Try using fresh batteries, if that doesn't work and it really bothers you just trun it back down a bit.
Ok thanks! :)

abeepak1

Newly Enlightened
emrbrtn said:
Its a 500mw diode.

Ummmm its a 1.2Watt Diode
thinking.gif

N8YWF

Newly Enlightened
Dj_sTyLz808

What kind of batteries do you use? You might want to use NiMH batteries with the highest MAH raiting that you can find.

I use MAHA Powerex 2700mah batteries in my PGL-IIIAs. After playing with them for a while the lasers start to dim down. But the brighten up once I stick a fresh charged pair in them. This is what I use.
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/maha_2700_rechargeable_batteries.php

As for my Newwish lasers. I use Sanyo 1000mah NiMH. But I see that MAHA now makes a 1000mah.
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/maha-1000-mah-aaa-rechargeable-batteries.htm

Latest posts