More Li-on gear in the house.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Just bought a Ryobi 36V mower. Seems to have plenty of power and mows or front and back lawn on half a charge. The number of Li-on power tools in this house seems increasing all the time.

I wonder if my flashlight addiction has influenced my decision to buy instead of a more traditional four stroke mower. Our block is small and I've convinced myself that the rechargeable mower is more convenient.

14788761529_6e95124d73_q.jpg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a good move. No fumes, reliable startup, etc.

Years ago, I bought a Black and Decker lawnmower. It was limited (narrow cutting swath and not exceptionally powerful in tall grass), but I liked it.

The Stihl chainsaw with a battery pack does everything I need, here and now. I use the same battery to run a Stihl string trimmer. It seems to work harder than the chainsaw; does not run as long, but it cuts like a champ. Not cheap but gets the job done. The high altitude where we live (less oxygen) does not slow it down. Thanks to knowledge gained from CPF, the expensive battery pack is not mistreated.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm not familiar with electric mowers but I'm sure they've come a long way. Other than flashlights and cell phones, I only have a Black & Decker dust buster using Li-Ion. I really like it for quick, small cleanup jobs (grass tracked into the house, pile of dried up dirt falling off shoes in garage, etc)

My cheap electric razor is NiCad and Oral-B toothbrush is NiMH.

Just bought a Ryobi 36V mower..........I've convinced myself that the rechargeable mower is more convenient.

If by more convenient you mean, no gasoline to store, become stale or burn down your garage. If by more convenient you mean no carbon monoxide fumes to breath. If by more convenient you mean no longer having to check, add or change the oil, and the spark plug, well then I'll have to agree. Additionally, you can turn an electric on its side, either one, (no need to concern yourself about which side the carburetor is on) to clean out any accumulated clippings without needing to remove the spark plug wire. Now you can rotate the blade, never worrying about it starting because you're one of those guys that never removes the wire. :poke:

For smaller yards, electric is a great choice.

Enjoy your purchase, Norm. I hope it gives you many years of trouble free service. :thumbsup:

~ Chance

Norm

Retired Administrator
Now you can rotate the blade, never worrying about it starting because you're one of those guys that never removes the wire. :poke:
Have to agree with all of the above points CG, it has a small plastic block with two Anderson Powerpole connectors in series with the battery, you remove when cleaning to save removing the battery.

Norm

Norm

Retired Administrator
Just added a 36V variable speed blower to the garden collection, very pleased wit its performance.

Norm

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have recently bought a 25v Lithium cordless vacuum cleaner in a 1/2 price sale in my local Argos.Best thing i have bought in years.

A decent one is not cheap even at 1/2 money but well worth the expense.

Latest posts