MR-X with X3T. ROLLCALL with PICS. #2

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MR-X with X3T. Hotlips with Magic Resistor TK.

I believe I was third in line for this new run as posted in the old thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

With today's new stuff like the Fatman and nFlex boards, I'd definitely want something smaller with a variable output. Goes without saying that an "X" bin is a must. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hotbeam,

I am actually already a Mr-X owner, but if you go to a 2C size Mr. X, put me down on your list for another! That would truely be a magnificant light!

MSax

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
Will the original MR-X's run fine on 8AA NiMH batteries?

[/ QUOTE ]

The original MR-X's are made FOR 6AA NiMh batteries. i.e. Alkalines don't supply the required current to power MR-X at it's full capabilities.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sinjz said:
I have no idea what's going on here, but what the heck. I'll reserve a spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I'm trying to barter a perpetual power source capable of 4A drain, that is the size of a CR2 battery... from this spaceship that appeared in my dreams. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I want on that list too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I knew this was for a MR-X of some sort. I just don't know what form or what price. I went back to the orginal thread, after posting, and read the last ~40 or so post. It didn't really clear it up, but then again I was pretty tired. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm still on the list for BOTH products. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jhung

Newly Enlightened

Please put me on the list for one.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the continued interest. No news from my contact yet. I'll check with my "other" contact and see if he can assist. Can't hurt having too many, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

chasm22

Newly Enlightened

I've already posted my interest in the other thread. I'm still in. I believe I'm on the list right after cy in the sixth spot.

chasm22

wquiles

Flashaholic

So you mean that there are still "X" bins out there for sale? I would have though they are all gone. What is the going price for a "X" bin these days?

Will

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the lack of postings. I've been away for a bit.

I've contacted all my sources and unfortunately, the MR-X run #2 will not be proceeding. The X'es
turned out to be non X'es and I couldn't bring myself to making a MR-X with a W-binned LED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Feelers are out again and if anything eventuates, I'll revive this thread. Sorry again.

cy

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jeff

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

You say "damn". I say something I can't repeat here!

cy

Flashaholic

hotbeam, looks like MR-X map update time again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FYI: I yanked the MOP reflector and stuck in a plain mirror reflector. Performance went up dramatically.

My MR-X puts out more lumens out the front end, than Surefire M6 Lola and tri-Ubin 2C M*g w/fatman and 2x 17500 li-ion cells. Smokes both lights for throw.

IMHO MRX-X3T is still the reining throw king for LED lights.

wish I had some way to confirm this. I think MR-X will out-throw PK-1, which has an Xbin side emitter VS MR-X's Xbin high dome.

anyone that's played with both Xbin side emitters and Xbin high domes will confirm side emitters throw out more flood beam than high domes with same reflector.

but PK-1 uses a different reflector, so only way to confirm is a side by side throw test. Now where's that PK-1? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

CY, yes, got to update the map again!! I don't think it is that up to date now. I think I might do a rollcall (with pics) to see what condition the light is at after ~20 months of use.

It will be an interesting throw test between the HD X3T in a OAD reflector and the PK1's SE X3T in a 3" reflector. FYI, the PK1 is living in the UK currently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif