MR-X with X3T. ROLLCALL with PICS. #2

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My MR-X arrived today!

2006071552000754mrxplusfm3hwebqj2.jpg

I had to re-seat the thermal tape, but it's otherwise in mint condition.. Not a single speck of anno is missing. As you can see, it also came with an FM-3H head. What you can't see, though, is that bwaites also threw in an Otokoyama PMR reflector.

I knew it would obliterate my Surefire U2, but I didn't expect it to be in the same league as my Mag85.

Now I know just how lucky I am to own this great light. If the t-storms will cooperate, tonight's gonna be fun!

Last edited:

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
New brethren map updated. It seems like we've lost our last EU MR-X to NY, USA. Welcome Matt!

MR-X-brethren.gif
[/QUOTE]

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks LZ. Where did you get that one from (so I can remove and add you). TQ

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
hotbeam, I got if from Skalomax back in Aug of 2007.

A quick search reveals that he got it from Lips in July 2007. Skalo owned it for almost a month which in Skalotime is many years. (No offense intended Skalo my friend!)

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
hotbeam, I got if from Skalomax back in Aug of 2007.

A quick search reveals that he got it from Lips in July 2007. Skalo owned it for almost a month which in Skalotime is many years. (No offense intended Skalo my friend!)

LOL!

Hey Dennis, Have you tried the head with a FM 3in Head?

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bad PeterB. Map updated.

DZ, very nice build as usual. Looks like another great X light!

Glow Bug

Enlightened
Mine is still going strong with a 2-D size LI-ion pack with over/under protection circuits. VERY long run time with white/bright light. Perfect light in my opinion.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
A blue MR-X (serial #D2020902154) has relocated from New York (addictedmatt) to California. :D

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here we go!

MR-X-brethren200807.gif

Thanks for the update. I am keeping a history now so you can see where the last owner was from.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its been a while since my last post!!! ;)

Other than a BTTT (for what reason I don't know :thinking:), the MR-X is 5 years old !!!!! Actually it is 5 years 4 months. That is more than a lifetime in LED terms. I haven't followed CPF for a while and surely, there must have been a few contenders (or new titles) for the "crown". What's around?

Hope all the MR-X brethrens are doign well :nana: All lights still working? Mine is still sitting happily on my shelf.

HB

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is still working like a champ, though it does spend a lot of time on a shelf. It's top dog in my LED collection, but I haven't really been pursuing many lights recently. Surefire has a couple of LED lights on the way that might challenge the M-X/X3T, but I don't have the model designations handy. OpticsHQ has a signup thread on CPFM that has some specs, though.

cy

Flashaholic
my old MR-X is somewhere in Europe... hopefully doing well.

5 years... many generation of LED's have passed... also have wondered... what light now hold the title for most output for a single LED light?

Ithe MR-X is 5 years old !!!!! Actually it is 5 years 4 months. That is more than a lifetime in LED terms. I haven't followed CPF for a while and surely, there must have been a few contenders (or new titles) for the "crown". What's around?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
BTT. After hotbeam so kindly worked some MAJOR magic to fix the blown X3T LED in mine (he reattached a tiny blown gold lead wire inside of the LED - so it now has no dome, but works just fine :bow:), it has become the go-to light I keep in one of my vehicles. Even 5+ years later, this is still one HOT LED light! :devil: :D

BTW, my red-headed step child MR-X is with me in CO now (I moved from TX almost 2 years ago).