My AAA order # is 2083, anyone close to this got thiers yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA89GTA

Newly Enlightened
Order #2236 shipped Nov. 10 as well!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Donald

Newly Enlightened
Order 2222 has arrived, thanks to great service from FedEx! :bumpit:

Very nice, knurling and short length makes it easy to operate with one hand. Fits great in the change pocket of my jeans. The short length also allows it to fit well down into one of the side pockets of my Leatherman Wave case, thus if one is worried about the finish, it is unlikely to get scratched there, and cannot fall out.

It is very bright. It has more of blue hot spot than I expected, but this is more evident on a white wall than it is in practical use. Since it is brighter in the center it does not stop one from seeing something at a reasonable distance and illuminates a paperback book just fine for reading.

I think it will make the perfect combination with my head lamp that runs on 3xAAA batteries. The Arc makes the perfect use for the fourth battery* and I feel confident that it will continue to function despite adverse conditions. (*My last AAA battery purchase was for a 24 pack of batteries though, so they should last me a while.) I think it will nestle on one side of my Leatherman Wave with a SP102 Metal Match (ferrocerium rod) on the other side of the sheath, for my upcoming canoe trip.

Something like this (a previous UV model used for photo purposes, to check the fit, not the one I just received). Note that the light will fit much further down than depicted.

I am really glad I did not have to wait until the scheduled FedEx delivery date of 15 November 2005!!! :grin2:

mridude

Newly Enlightened
#2167 arrived yesterday. All six were accounted for, thank you Peter. I've retired my older AAA-P to the jewelry box and removed the battery. But before I did that I wanted to checkout the comparison.....and...there is no comparison....the newer AAA-P is NOTICABLY brighter, has a greater 'throw' and is not really all that much bluer as I've heard alot of previous complaints about that here.
I like it, alot.
I'm sure that the lucky people who get them as gifts will too.

Peter, a question: On the ArcFlashlight website, in the 'Accesories' area you now offer a 5 Watt LED emitter. Is this for upgrades or what? ie. upgrading an older Arc light....or, dare I mention them, a MiniMaglight perhaps?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We get a surprising number of email questions about the 5w emitter we are selling. It is for mods and hobby type projects. It is just the LED.

Peter

Donald

Newly Enlightened
...just thought you might like to "see" my Arc-P on my keychain! :lolsign:

arcp1xaaaonkeychain1nv.md.jpg

Donald

Newly Enlightened
....guess you didn't see much though.... :laughing: OK, here is a slightly more revealing Arc-P shot, just to show that #2222 actually arrived. :laughing:

arcppeekingfromsheath5mf.md.jpg

ScottyJ

Enlightened
I'm glad you posted the second pick, I didn't see it in the first one. I thought maybe I was going "funny" in the head or something. Still lovin' my AAA!

Donald

Newly Enlightened
:grin2: :lolsign:

It is a nice bright small light which I figure that one can safely rely on for light when you really need it, at the worst of times--in the middle of a drenching downpour, after you fell in the stream, had to swim to the lifeboat, or the power went off in the building and you need to be able to see the stairs, etc.

I hope to skip most of those, but the latter one happened, before the Arc though. I was in downtown Miami, FL, and the power went off in a section of the city. We were asked to leave the building fairly quickly as they were not sure how long the emergency lighting would stay lit. I checked my little pocket light, a Photon, it was working fine. So I finished what I was doing, and then left, knowing I would have sufficient light. This was about the fourth time I was in a building and the power went off. On a prior occasion, in another Miami building, I heard a loud boom. The lights went out of course, and it was at night. One could really see the transformer blazing away outside. :candle:

Chris201W

Enlightened
Got my Arc today, #2268 (actually arrived about a week and a half ago, but haven't gotten my hands on it until today). I'm very pleased with it. The LED is slightly off center in the head and the hotspot is blue, but neither are anything to complain about at all. It's very bright and in normal use (i.e. not against a blank white wall) I don't notice the off center hotspot or the blue tint.

Really, when people complain about the blue tint, either they got a particularly bad one (not likely) or they're exagerating the tint majorly. My Gerber Infinity Ultra is bluer than the Arc...

Irelandunfree

Newly Enlightened
psimonl said:
What's your order number...?

Dont have one, got an older Arc off a forum member. BTW - Anyone have a side by side comparison picture of the older versions next to the new Arc? Did just the bezel change, or has the size as well? Thanks!

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received mine today! It's a really nice light. I love it! :D By the way, there are some french mistakes on the packaging! But that's a lot beter than instructions with board games from China where the french is often incomprehensible...

Status
Not open for further replies.