My experience with Armytek headlamps

gunga

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that, gunga. Hope things get resolved soon and in a satisfactory manner. Apologies for encouraging you to try Armytek.

They completed the refund.

No worries. It was on me. I read about the good reports here, read their return policy, Canadian shipping (a good thing) and Canadian office with (non functional) phone number and thought all would be smooth.

So far the product is fine. It has some annoying quirks but so do most lights.

Service has been annoying and took much more effort than I anticipated, hence all my complaints. If they would pick up the phone or return a call just once, this would not have happened. I'm guessing it's just a Canadian number that is used occasionally for outgoing calls. No one listens or responds to the messages.

Overall this has left a sour taste in my mouth. So far the product is good and the service is typical of an Asian manufacturer. No better. No worse.

My issue was just that I was expecting better. Note, I'm an Asian Canadian so it's not a race thing. Just a customer service thing.

My taxes were refunded. My shipping was not, but since the product was not defective I didn't expect it to be.

Time will tell how the product endures. The unique UI and LED tint are what prompted me to keep them. I hope they prove reliable.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry you had some troubles Gunga, glad you got it sorted out.

My experience has been pretty good so far with Armytek but, I had one defective light which was replaced without hassle. I have been having to chase them for a refund of my shipping that they promised me however and I will update how that turns out. Overall I am quite happy with their product thus far but, I think they still need to work a bit on their website and customer service. Hopefully my lights prove reliable in the long term and I hope they continue to improve as it is nice having a company so close here in Canada.

Latest posts