N30 First Impressions

Patriot

Flashaholic
does the M6 with 1185 throw as good as the standard Mag85?

If the Mag has a smooth reflector, no. If the mag has a MOP reflector they're close but now we're into small differences between MOP reflectors. Some M6's have unusually shiny reflectors while others appear pretty frosty. I'd post some pics but I'd probably be veering from topic. :)

Team Member

Enlightened
So, now I´m awake...

I must apologize for my lack of knowledge when it comes to camera settings. I have just started to really use my camera so I´m not all up to speed when it comes to all the different settings...

Pics are taken using the following settings..

ISO100
F4.0
15sek shutter
and some more I guess :thinking:

I used very long shutter time just so that I would get all the sidespill on pic. This of course will make the rest of the beamshot look very bright and white.
But the M6 with 1185 and fresh 3*17650 is indeed very white.

The pics are taken for a thread/project that I have started on another forum.

The actual place is very good for taking outdoor beamshots since it´s not "light polluted". It´s in the nearby woods from where I live....some 700m I think...

Patriot

Flashaholic
please don't apologize since your pictures are really great! :)

We were just discussing where the "White Balance" (WB) may have been set. It doesn't sound like you manually over rode the setting so it's probably safe to assume it was set to "auto."

mtbkndad made a good point about leaving the WB set to auto anyhow, since it will probably come closer to capturing the actual color.

Initially my own shots didn't turn out too great in "WB auto" but I think I'll go out and experiment with it again tomorrow evening.

Illum

Flashaholic
does the M6 with 1185 throw as good as the standard Mag85?

slightly more throw...for dunno mebbe 20 feet?
All I managed to make note of is the focus of the hotspot is better, no corona backspill, and significantly brighter when used indoors.

I can't take a picture of it because my camera sees both as "white" indoors and "dim" outdoors. I really should consider buying an manual capable SLR but I'm too lazy:D