Name the most important thing you have found out in your life!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Screenshot_20221019-182748.png

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The meaning of life. It's written in Ephesians 2:8-10 of the Bible. Once you know you will have eternal life in paradise and you were created with a purpose, everything else pales in comparison.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I cant nail it down to 1, but here are a few in no particular order:
  • You can blame no one but yourself.
  • You can depend on no one but yourself.
  • You can place trust in no one, not even in yourself.
  • There is no good or bad.
  • There is no right or wrong.
  • Everyone is selfish, being not doesn't make you a better person.
  • There is no meaning except the meaning you create for yourself.
  • The only one that can truly love you is yourself.
  • Hate is not the opposite of love, fear is.
  • Love is unconditional acceptance.
  • You matter exactly as much as you think you do.
  • Freedom is opposite of security. You can have a balance of both, but you cannot have both.
  • Life & the universe are not fair.
  • Money is not evil, neither does it corrupt.
  • Everyone is capable of horrible deeds given the right circumstances.
  • Most people never grow up.
  • Marriage is unnatural & doesn't work out for most people long term.
  • What matters most is loving yourself & what you do, as long as it doesn't hurt others.
  • Objective reality is largely irrelevant, what matters is ones perception of it. What matters is whatever matters to you. (not saying that's always a "good" thing BTW)
  • The more you accept yourself & follow your path, the more others are gonna to hate you.
  • No one can judge you but yourself.
If I can think of more I might add them later. I might not like some of these things, but Ive come to accept them.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I cant nail it down to 1, but here are a few in no particular order:
  • You can blame no one but yourself.
  • You can depend on no one but yourself.
  • You can place trust in no one, not even in yourself.
  • There is no good or bad.
  • There is no right or wrong.
  • Everyone is selfish, being not doesn't make you a better person.
  • There is no meaning except the meaning you create for yourself.
  • The only one that can truly love you is yourself.
  • Hate is not the opposite of love, fear is.
  • Love is unconditional acceptance.
  • You matter exactly as much as you think you do.
  • Freedom is opposite of security. You can have a balance of both, but you cannot have both.
  • Life & the universe are not fair.
  • Money is not evil, neither does it corrupt.
  • Everyone is capable of horrible deeds given the right circumstances.
  • Most people never grow up.
  • Marriage is unnatural & doesn't work out for most people long term.
  • What matters most is loving yourself & what you do, as long as it doesn't hurt others.
  • Objective reality is largely irrelevant, what matters is ones perception of it. What matters is whatever matters to you. (not saying that's always a "good" thing BTW)
  • The more you accept yourself & follow your path, the more others are gonna to hate you.
  • No one can judge you but yourself.
If I can think of more I might add them later. I might not like some of these things, but Ive come to accept them.
Please tell me you are not married and not raising children with these values.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just hoping we do not get into judgemental arguing in this thread. Personally I see Olumin's points for the most part, and will remember that children ultimately choose whether they listen to daddy or not.
Wasn't planning on it. Some of the things he said were quite shocking though.
"There is no good or bad. There is no right or wrong."
With no moral compass how can you steer children to being upstanding members of society instead of ax murderers?
"Love is unconditional acceptance."
No. Love means you have the person's best interests at heart. If a child wants to jump off a bridge, set their hair on fire, chop off their genitals, join a cult, or eat themselves into having diabetes and a heart attack, a loving parent will tell them no and set boundaries for their own good. To allow otherwise would be negligence or child abuse.

There are too many people in this world raised on teachings of evolution, survival of the fittest, and relativism. What people get from these teachings is that they were an accident, not created with a purpose; that they have to claw, fight, and cheat their way to success and it doesn't matter who they hurt to do it; and there is no absolute truth, no right or wrong. If there is no absolute truth, how can that statement be true? This is known as a self-refuting statement.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, including me. I just happen to think those opinions are wrong.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Opinions are like noses. We all have 'em and many are different. But to say 'you can blame no one but yourself'... yeah I do agree with that mostly yet if space junk falls from the sky, lands on the hood of my car and blocks my view from seeing the car in front of me has stopped and I smash into that car....am I really to blame there?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I had a hunch I shouldn't have posted that. Some people don't like reading things like this, it gives them headaches. I sincerely apologize to all offended parties.
CPF has always been a place where members have been comfortable posting what's on their minds, as related to the topic at hand. (Sometimes a bit of off-topic exposition is allowed.) Key thing is, no judgements either way, what you posted was in line with the topic at hand. Shouldn't require an apology under those circumstances. I try to run my YouTube channel the same way Greta runs CPF. A place open to all to post their views in an honest and mature manner.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a hunch I shouldn't have posted that. Some people dont like reading things like this, it gives them headaches. I sincerely apologize to all offended parties.
Don't apologize for your opinions and views that's the real problem with the world. Don't feel like you can't speak out for what you believe. I don't agree with 95% of what you posted but don't apologize for your beliefs.

Latest posts