need help recognizing :blew up a resistor on my sanyo charger

kryture

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a electronics person but from what I gather this is 3.3 ohm +-5% rated resistor?

1mX5I1q.jpg

JZf75YQ.jpg

iS3ayWr.jpg

Zth1xAT.jpg

I blew my sanyo charger NC-MQR06W by stuffing bad battery that it refuse to charge 20 times, it just had enough and decided to blow up.:oops:
I'm going to the electronic part store to see if they could recognize it... but I still want to check with the experts on internet just in case. I need this charger... have solder it myself, I recently got a job 3 months ago after being unemployed for a long time :(. I dont have money to buy a new one.
Thanks in advance for anyone can give any tips on buying a proper replacement resistor for this !!!

parametrek

Enlightened
That seems likely if those are orange bands. It can be hard to tell after a resistor burns up. The heat might change the colors. Maybe they were brown before.

If we could find a teardown of that charger it would be easy to confirm.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
From another image on the web, I could not tell what the value is but it looked like a 1 or 3 watt resistor. This is going to be a long shot in getting that to work in my opinion. Usually when something burns up, there is likely a problem elsewhere. But resistors are cheap and so it doesn't hurt to try. Orange-Orange-Gold (3.3 ohms) from your image but it would be nice to see an actual image of someone's board to verify. What dimensions are the body so as to determine wattage?