NEW and PROTOTYPE Eagtac lights at SHOT Show 2017

lebox97

Enlightened
Hi Guy's n Gal's
The DX30B-MR prototype was head switch only ~
Press ON = LOW, Click ON = MAX. Then cycle through the modes...

There were a lot of requests for tailswitch, and as far as we know they have added a tailswitch... not 100% sure of final specs though. Anything can (and does) change at any time up until production ~ and can still change even once in production (hence the current delays).
We'll know more once these are announced and start shipping to Dealers in a few weeks.

Tod (the one in the video) :wave:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Tod, that's great -- no, BETTER than great -- news if they'd added a tailswitch. When you say "as far as we know they have added a tailswitch", are you saying you've heard rumors or heard of this second hand? My one complaint about their tailswitch on their lights of this size, is that the tailswitches tend to have such short throw that they can be difficult to actually use in momentary, in anything but perfect conditions... looking forward to seeing how this generation goes. I've given them that feedback before and they said they'd take it into consideration...

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guy's n Gal's
The DX30B-MR prototype was head switch only ~
Press ON = LOW, Click ON = MAX. Then cycle through the modes...

There were a lot of requests for tailswitch, and as far as we know they have added a tailswitch... not 100% sure of final specs though. Anything can (and does) change at any time up until production ~ and can still change even once in production (hence the current delays).
We'll know more once these are announced and start shipping to Dealers in a few weeks.

Tod (the one in the video) :wave:

lack of tailswitch would have been dealbreaker for me. This is fantastic news

lebox97

Enlightened
2017 Products FINALLY ANNOUNCED!
EagTac re-locating the Factory~Facilities, put everything waaay behind schedule!

But, no clicky for DX3B :shrug:, hopefully is a future option.
>>>
1) DX3B Mini and DX3B Mini Pro (Former DX30BMR prototype)
High power 18350 mini light with micro-usb rechargeable port and newly design clip (two-way for pro version). Boosted W1900 circuit gives 2000 LED lumen with XHP35 HD, or 1870 LED lumen with XHP35 HI. Price includes IMR18350 800mAh battery.
www.eagtac.com/html/dx3bm
www.eagtac.com/html/dx3bmpro

2) TX3G and TX3G Pro
Powered by XHP70.2 LED, the pro version offers 3000 LED lumen with thermal regulation. TX3G series is the first to include built-in protection circuit PCB inside the flashlight to allow the safely use of unprotected flat-top 26650 li-ion battery against over-discharge, over-charge and short circuiting. Type-C USB charging offers fast 2Amp charging (Pro) and the dual switch design offers easy-to-use interface with programmable start-up brightness function. Regular version offers XHP50.2 and XHP35 HI LED. Price includes 5200mAh 26650 li-ion battery.
www.eagtac.com/html/tx3g
www.eagtac.com/html/tx3gpro

3) GX30L2-R and GX30L2-R Pro
GX30L2-R offers 2000 LED Lumen with XHP35 LED and 1870 with XHP35 HI LED. The W1900 Ultra circuit brings all the latest technology to this professional duty light. Price includes 2x18650 battery pack.
www.eagtac.com/html/gx30l2r
www.eagtac.com/html/gx30l2rpro

4) SX30L2-R and SX30L2-R Pro
SX30L2-R offers 2000 LED Lumen with XHP35 LED and 1870 with XHP35 HI LED with longer beam distance and more battery power than the GX30L2-R. Its predecessor SX25L2-R is among one of the most popular choice for the law enforcement. Price includes all-new R37 2x26650 battery pack with upgraded protection circuit.
www.eagtac.com/html/sx30l2r
www.eagtac.com/html/sx30l2rpro

5) SX30L3-R and SX30L3-R Pro
XHP70.2 with 4850 LED lumen output. Built-in fast rechargeable function. Dual switch operation with tailcap switch. Price includes 3x18650 battery pack.
www.eagtac.com/html/sx30l3r
www.eagtac.com/html/sx30l3rpro

6) MX3T and MX3T Pro
XHP70.2 with 4850 LED lumen output with longer beam distance than SX30L3-R. All-new add-on tripod mount ability and built-in fast rechargeable function. Dual switch operation with tailcap switch. Price includes 3x18650 battery pack.
www.eagtac.com/html/mx3t
www.eagtac.com/html/mx3tpro

7) SX30L3 and SX30L3 Pro
XHP70.2 with 4350 LED lumen output. Wide voltage in that supports 3x18650 or 6xCR123A batteries. Dual switch operation with instant MAX/MIN function. Pro version comes with tailcap switch function.
www.eagtac.com/html/sx30l3
www.eagtac.com/html/sx30l3pro
>>>

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tragic about the switch on the DX3B's switch! Yes, hopefully they re-think that. And the UI, which might work for some, but press-and-hold-for-longer-than-.5s is not a mode-switching interface that works for me. That knocks it out of consideration for me.

I also notice the candlepower estimates have more than halved from the original press... was 37k, now 16k for the HI version. Still probably in the lead for this sized light, though, there are much larger lights not reaching this cd.

The description page says Micro USB, the Technical specs say USB-C. I'm guessing the description page was written more recently and is the correct one.

Last edited:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll need to play with the DX3B see if I like the switch but I prefer a tail switch. Oh well.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll need to play with the DX3B see if I like the switch but I prefer a tail switch. Oh well.

That by itself might not have ruled it out for me. But I have some other trouble with the UI:
- click on for instant access to low. Press-and-hold for instant access to high. Exactly the opposite behavior of every other light I've ever used that uses this style interface
- Press-and-hold for more than .5s to change modes. I do have some lights that work like this, now that I think about it, and I like but don't love this model. It's helping me remember why I rarely go with lights that have multiple modes but just one interface to it.

lebox97

Enlightened
DX3B tailcap switch is still in the works, they're having difficulty finding a very high amp rated compact switch that will fit, without extending the overall length too much. (If anybody has some insights, let me know via PM and we'll pass info along)

The original pre-launch DX3B LUX figures were info from one of the DX30 products.
"USB-C" was also from a DX30 product. (Actually a DX30 html template was used for DX3B, then later modified)

NEWEST NEWS ~
DX3B Mini Pro is now available (mostly)
NW models were in first batch shipped to/received by Dealers a few days ago,
CW models are in next batch shipping to dealers within 1-2 days (as well all other new models, including a T25C2 Pro).

With a surprise LED option for the 3.4"/86mm ~ DX3B Mini Pro.
CREE XH-P50.2 HD LED:
LED Lumen 2,480
ANSI Lumen 1,830
LUX 6,800
:naughty:
bringing available LED options to 6! (3 CW/3 NW)

oh, and the UI is awesome: click for low, press for max.

Cheers

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
DX3B tailcap switch is still in the works, they're having difficulty finding a very high amp rated compact switch that will fit, without extending the overall length too much. (If anybody has some insights, let me know via PM and we'll pass info along)

The original pre-launch DX3B LUX figures were info from one of the DX30 products.
"USB-C" was also from a DX30 product. (Actually a DX30 html template was used for DX3B, then later modified)

NEWEST NEWS ~
CW models are in next batch shipping to dealers within 1-2 days (as well all other new models, including a T25C2 Pro).

CREE XH-P50.2 HD LED:
LED Lumen 2,480
ANSI Lumen 1,830
LUX 6,800

Cheers

Thanks for the update:thumbsup:

I really like the looks of the DX3B Pro but, they should have given it a moonlight mode. The lowest output is way too high to work for EDC imo. This will likely stop me from getting one unfortunately. I don't understand why Eagletac is so on/off with their moonlight modes? Some models have them and others don't. I can understand not having one on a large model but on a small EDC style light like the DX3B it seems like a real mistake not including one:shrug:.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

NEWEST NEWS ~

CREE XH-P50.2 HD LED:
LED Lumen 2,480
ANSI Lumen 1,830
LUX 6,800

Cheers

Just give me a moonlight! Highly debating this light (50.2 neutral), but I have a quark cr123 triple XP-L 4000k mod with BLF A6 driver that gives me moonlight at about the same price point, a higher high, a smaller package...just no recharge port. I want this, but I can't right now. Frustrated!

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just give me a moonlight! Highly debating this light (50.2 neutral), but I have a quark cr123 triple XP-L 4000k mod with BLF A6 driver that gives me moonlight, a higher high, a smaller package...just no recharge port. I want this, but I can't right now. Frustrated!
Yep, I totally agree, they really blew it by not giving this light a moonlight mode. I bet it would have sold way better if it had one. It's lowest mode is like 18-21 lumens depending on emitter choice! That is crazy high for the lowest mode on a tiny light like this imo.

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened
Manufacturers tend to make features that consumers ask for/demand...
and virtually no one asks for/demands moonlight/ultra low-sub lumen level output.
(we get asked maybe 1-2 times a year about it)
we enthusiasts tend to forget that 99%+ of flashlight consumers, are not CPF/(or other forums) members.

but everyone wants mo' powah! :devil:

that is why we all have several lights ~ different tools for different uses,
no one light is perfect for anyone or everyone. :thumbsup:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
and virtually no one asks for/demands moonlight/ultra low-sub lumen level output.
we enthusiasts tend to forget that 99%+ of flashlight consumers, are not CPF/(or other forums) members.

Yeah, we know people want ugly blue low CRI high power flashlights. But moonlight has been on previous lights, not like it would be something new to their lights historically speaking. They are not dependent on one another. Both are possible on the same light.

hatman

Enlightened
I received the DX3B Mini Pro with XHP35 HI domeless neutral from Tod at Illumination Gear.

First impressions out of the box:

This is a nifty little light with a wide range of lumens.

In size, it is about the length of a D25A clicky but wider in diameter. It is a bit shorter but thinner than an HDS clicky.

Those are two of my favorite smaller lights and, as expected, the DX3B simply smokes them in output.

Low is fine for inside the house or walking the dogs out on the front lawn. High is just stupid bright. In between are three additional levels.

Yes, it gets hot on high, but I haven't yet found it to be uncomfortable.

I don't own anything nearly as small that is anywhere nearly as bright.

Beam is clean; tint is very slightly on the yellow side.

Full disclosure: all of my other EagTacs are clickies. I am not a big fan of side switches. This one works fine barehanded but is difficult for me to adjust wearing gloves.

The box includes an EagTac IMR 18350 rechargeable that is a perfect fit for the DX3B.

Also included is an 18650 tube. Don't make the mistake I made and order an extra clip for the longer tube. You won't need it. The longer tube simply screws onto the 18350 tube and there is no need to move or adjust the clip attached to the shorter tube.

The box is filled with lots of other stuff, including a holster. My light fit so tightly that the side switch turned on when I pulled it out.

The DX3B is certainly bright enough to take hiking. And you can always turn it into an 18650 for longer use.

But I have other 18650s that I prefer because they are tail clickies. Where the DX3B shines is as a 3.3 inch monster light that fits easily in your pants pocket.

Highest marks for Tod at Illumination Gear for his help and advice.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, we know people want ugly blue low CRI high power flashlights. But moonlight has been on previous lights, not like it would be something new to their lights historically speaking. They are not dependent on one another. Both are possible on the same light.

Not to mention that moonlight must be something people want because it is included on most of the most popular lights from other companies these days. More and more models offer it every year. Moonlight aside, to offer 18-21 lumens as the lowest mode is ridiculous imo. Almost all other small lights(even Eagletacs) have a much lower mode then this even if they don't have a moonlight.

It should also be pointed out that saying that 99%+ of flashlight consumers are not users of CPF or other forums is silly. Normal consumers don't buy Eagletac's as they are not even available in anything but, specialty flashlight stores(mainly online). I would speculate that most users that buy an Eagletac flashlight have at least consulted CPF or another flashlight forum even if they aren't members.

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the overview of the DX3B. This light has had my attention since it was first announced and I can't wait to be able to get one. I do wish it had a moonlight mood though, that is the most used mode on my D25A2s.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
NEW And PROTOTYPE Eagtac Lights At SHOT Show 2017

I received the DX3B Mini Pro with XHP35 HI domeless neutral from Tod at Illumination Gear.

First impressions out of the box:

This is a nifty little light with a wide range of lumens.

In size, it is about the length of a D25A clicky but wider in diameter. It is a bit shorter but thinner than an HDS clicky.

Those are two of my favorite smaller lights and, as expected, the DX3B simply smokes them in output.

Low is fine for inside the house or walking the dogs out on the front lawn. High is just stupid bright. In between are three additional levels.

Yes, it gets hot on high, but I haven't yet found it to be uncomfortable.

I don't own anything nearly as small that is anywhere nearly as bright.

Beam is clean; tint is very slightly on the yellow side.

Full disclosure: all of my other EagTacs are clickies. I am not a big fan of side switches. This one works fine barehanded but is difficult for me to adjust wearing gloves.

The box includes an EagTac IMR 18350 rechargeable that is a perfect fit for the DX3B.

Also included is an 18650 tube. Don't make the mistake I made and order an extra clip for the longer tube. You won't need it. The longer tube simply screws onto the 18350 tube and there is no need to move or adjust the clip attached to the shorter tube.

The box is filled with lots of other stuff, including a holster. My light fit so tightly that the side switch turned on when I pulled it out.

The DX3B is certainly bright enough to take hiking. And you can always turn it into an 18650 for longer use.

But I have other 18650s that I prefer because they are tail clickies. Where the DX3B shines is as a 3.3 inch monster light that fits easily in your pants pocket.

Highest marks for Tod at Illumination Gear for his help and advice.

I just did a post about the DX3B Mini Pro and then I ran across this. Oh well. What is the difference between the Eagtac DX3B Mini and the MiniPro?

I am looking at one of these to use as a cap light when I am horseback riding at night. Which version would be most suitable for that purpose?

lebox97

Enlightened
Re: NEW And PROTOTYPE Eagtac Lights At SHOT Show 2017

http://eagtac.com/html/dx3bm/index.html
vs
http://eagtac.com/html/dx3bmpro/index.html
see "What's included"

the only difference between Mini and Mini Pro is the accessories (several differences):
  • wall power plug (with, without)
  • bezel (crenulated vs flat)
  • pocket clip (one way vs two way, and shiny vs dark finish)
  • holster (included or not)
  • tailcap (magnet or not)
  • EDIT: extension tube to run 18650 battery (with, without)

then obviously depends on which of the 6 LED choices being offered by ET, vs stocked in which configuration by the selling ET Dealer.
(ie there is potentially 12 different version of DX3B)

sounds like you want the Pro (2-way clip), and just need to decide which of six LED to select from.

an alternative, and maybe better alternative (or addition) is to go with a 18650 powered headlamp (or even a good bicycle light), as you'll get a more useful beam, and far longer runtimes, and save the DX3B for maximum output/shorter runtime/shorter distance use...
(I am thinking about useful beam distance/LUX etc needed from top of horse, vs walking/hiking-general purpose)
The DX3B was designed to be the smallest absolute highest output pocketable light... was not intended to be a horse/bike headlight... :)

another common head mount system is on side of helmet, or side of head facing forward (using a 1" diameter light)... then you'll have quite a few more lighting options... we have seen some users that mounted two-three or more lights this way... :devil:

Cheers

I just did a post about the DX3B Mini Pro and then I ran across this. Oh well. What is the difference between the Eagtac DX3B Mini and the MiniPro?

I am looking at one of these to use as a cap light when I am horseback riding at night. Which version would be most suitable for that purpose?

Last edited: