NEW and PROTOTYPE Eagtac lights at SHOT Show 2017

thegreatchangsby

Newly Enlightened
My daily driver has been eagletac D25LC2 Clicky XP-L V5. I past 3 years i've had it on me, or in my backpack at all times. I figured it was time for an upgrade and ordered the new DX3B Pro. I originally wanted the XHP35 HD but was sent the XHP50.2 as the vendor I ordered said eagtac wasn't going to be making them with XHP35s anymore.

Honestly I don't know if I am going to switch to the DX3B. The light output of the XHP50.2 is bright but there are a lot more drawbacks to the flashlight than I thought.

Cons:
-This thing is small, its short and stubby which almost makes it harder to hit the on switch.
-The charging switch has a rubber cap that sticks out, which with feel is very similar to the on switch.
-The two sided clip is nice, but the small initial flair makes it harder to clip to my pocket.
-NO TAIL SWITCH

Pros:
-Its smaller in my pocket
-Rechargeable with micro USB so I can easily charge without taking out a battery
-Light is blinding

Notes: I thought I'd hate the interface but its not THAT bad. I can easily turn on low, or high with one hand. With my previous flashlight I had to use two hands to change as I had to turn the head. The light is also much brighter than my D25LC2

If you have questions ask away!