New M3 Lego

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've posted this pic in a few other threads but it also seems fitting to post it up in here. It's also been a long time since I've posted up here in the Incandescent forum.

Been on a bit of an incan kick lately. I've put together a few nice lights using the P91, a KT1 with FM-MN bi-pin, a nice M6 build with PhD-M6 for a CPF buddy and an A2 with a Strion kit and Callipsoi ring.

The one thing that's been missing from all these setups is a nice M3. But, I wanted to be able to run 2x18500 cells and that required a bored M3 to work. Finding a bored M3 body would probably take forever and I don't have the patience to send out a body and wait the requisite 2-6 months to get it done. The other option was legoing together some sort of a combo but I also didn't want to spend the money for a M3 and then have to buy a body and all the other required parts to make it work.

A week or two back I saw a M3 head in very good condition and a MN11 posted and that was enough to kick me off in the right direction so I grabbed those two items. To that I added an Oveready 2x18500 Moddolar HA body, a HA Triad Tailcap with clip, a OR M3/M6 adapter and an AW SoftStart switch. The HA match on all the OR parts is really spot on - don't know if Dan picked these parts out of the bin for me so that they were all a close match - but they look really great. The M3 head is a touch more grey and the body a bit more on the olive drab but the photo below shows the difference a lot more than when you are just holding the light in your hand.

I think the M3 combo looks great. It's a nice solid weight and very well balanced. The clip hooks onto the outside of a pocket and works fine for what I need. I may consider putting some trits into the tailcap down the road but I haven't decided on a color yet.

IMG_4519.JPG

IMG_4520.JPG

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice setup, Sean. That aw soft start is rare as hens teeth and opens up a lot more bulb options. It also makes the light more useable. If I recall it has 3 levels, correct?

I agree with the M3 body, I had considered that route but finding everything and boring it out would take too long. It would probably be longer than the wait for the M6 to come back from Surefire!

And since the light isn't practical anyways, why not go all the way with the big daddy M6!