**NEW** Nitecore EA4 Pioneer (4*AA, 860lm)

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Of course it can, but I still can't see why Nitecore would choose a throwier reflector in this light while they chose a shallower reflector on a light they called the "Night Blade".

I'm waiting for a new thrower in Explorer series, then. Like EC25 and EC40.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh look there's a new flashlight - I like it already because it's new!

( sorry, couldnt resist. )

xed888

Enlightened
12861d1353359932-nitecore-ea4-4aa-mignon-860-lumen-nitecore_ea4.jpg

From the German forums

NickBose

Enlightened
How long before thermal stepdown? This is relatively small light.

Cheers

Hope there's no stepdown as the Q50 was supposed to be so (no step down). Anyway we're talking about 2 non existent lights here.
Another thing I'd love to have is the red SMD as locator and nightlight on other EA lights

8204829842_ed3e7c5386_b.jpg

Last edited:

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
This one looks interesting. I like that is an AA light, and the nitecore brand.

NickBose

Enlightened
Hmm only 3 minutes of 860 lumen then stepping down to 550 lumen - less than the Sunwayman M40A's constant high of 645 lumens (or 600 lumens old version)
You can always turn off and on again, but still ...

Last edited:

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Two position switch sounds a bit complicated to use. I hope it is more intuitive than it sounds.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Two position switch sounds a bit complicated to use. I hope it is more intuitive than it sounds.
As complicated as snapping a picture with a point and shoot camera. On my TM11 soft press is for cycling low modes, hard press is for high. It's easy to feel the difference, and I very rarely miss.

troelskc

Newly Enlightened
Are 4xAA lights wired with bateries in series or 2x in series + 2x in parallel? Buck or boos-driver?

Kokopelli

Enlightened
As complicated as snapping a picture with a point and shoot camera. On my TM11 soft press is for cycling low modes, hard press is for high. It's easy to feel the difference, and I very rarely miss.

If you say so, I guess I can handle it right.

NickBose

Enlightened
This:) And then you will hear that zebralight will do 280x4 lumens on 4aa. Lol

Exactly the point. But unfortunately they're too busy selling other lights like hot cakes and have no time to make the Q50.

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Exactly the point. But unfortunately they're too busy selling other lights like hot cakes and have no time to make the Q50.

Unfortunately it is not their fault if manufacturers cannot keep up with their insane spec'ed lights. You can't fault them for making great stuffs which are quite unique on the market. They are there in the first instance to maximize their profits.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2