**NEW** Nitecore EA4 Pioneer (4*AA, 860lm)

markr6

Flashaholic
It looks like $100 after converting from some European sites. I hope that's right, or even less. I wouldn't want to go much higher.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
$100 would be a bit high for this lights audience. $65 would be more appropriate for my kind of buyer :)

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam profile looks nice! I'm thinking of picking one up in neutral when they reach the dealers.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the button once the rubber is worn out? Seeing from the pictures and since it's one solid "unibody" piece, i assume it could be quite difficult?

pblanch

Enlightened
I have getting rather annoyed with ZL lately with the vapor lights that just have people in a holding pattern on all other lights until they are released. The push back dates are getting to be the rule, not the exception. May have to give this one a go as I do like the 4AA format. It doesn't say anything about the potential use of 2AA in an emergency as I find that to be a very useful feature.

sbbsga

Enlightened
I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the button once the rubber is worn out? Seeing from the pictures and since it's one solid "unibody" piece, i assume it could be quite difficult?

Maybe it is a TM series switch under it Hopefully it is tougher than it appears.

It doesn't say anything about the potential use of 2AA in an emergency as I find that to be a very useful feature.

Q50 can do that? Cool. Too bad it's been delayed for so long.

stp

Newly Enlightened
Could somebody point me in a direction where I could read more about interface? I just want to understand how it works and there is nothing about it on Nitecore slides. Can it move up or down from selected mode or do I need to go trough all?

sbbsga

Enlightened
Could somebody point me in a direction where I could read more about interface? I just want to understand how it works and there is nothing about it on Nitecore slides. Can it move up or down from selected mode or do I need to go trough all?

I posted its manual in the first page. :)

Sent using Tapatalk HD.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
this light will be interesting indeed. TK41 is a thrower with 8xAA's. A huge flashlight for AA batteries. S65 gives a good all around beam, still big. S35 looks tiny but lacks in lumens output. So EA4, if it is as throwy as it is said, has a good size and light output.

I bought myself 8xAA Eneloops today already :)

awyeah

Enlightened
Looks like it doesn't use a battery caddy - you just put the batteries right into the body. I really like that. I always worry that I'm going to break the caddy on my TK41.

Yourfun2

Enlightened
I got my eneloops at Costco. Now all I need is that light. Was hoping for batts in parallel. Pic shows them in series. Still looks like a great light. Nitecore is working out on their reflectors.

Last edited: