**NEW** Nitecore TM26

Beckler

Enlightened
OLED display, excellent. If only 5 levels, then not so much :( It needs to be programmable.

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
I have not decided on these goggle-eyed multi-bezel jobs. :thinking:

Is this good engineering, or welding together the best parts people happened to have on the shelf? :popcorn:

More to the point...do I really care? Look! A new bright light! :kiss:

itguy07

Newly Enlightened
Not sure that I like it. I do like the display as it takes a lot of the guesswork out of runtime and voltages and such (and is instantly available). But the head just looks too - weird. And this is coming from a TK45 owner.

rc51mike

Newly Enlightened
I'm kind of new at this but I tend to place an emphasis on esthetics and design. It catches my eye first and if the numbers look reasonable, I'll want to buy it (not that I own many.) This one, like others of its ilk, looks like someone duct taped four flashlights together. Then a flashlight company said, "what if we could save money by eliminating the duct tape?" but neglected to look at the overall design. But, that's just me.

Beckler

Enlightened
I like this one a lot. I'd been thinking lights should have a small display on them as it would simply make a lot of sense. Not having a battery indicator, on any light, is actually quite stupid when you think about it. This one looks very nice. Having the light be programmable however would be a *perfect* use of the display also. But it's not. The 3-95 lumen jump on the low levels is, well, stupid also. It acknowledges that low levels are useful but levels in between those are the most useful for closer work in full darkness.

I like how almost everyone here is commenting on how they think it doesn't look good. I happen to disagree, but even so, why are the looks of a flashlight some big important factor? I guess when its only uses are shining it onto a white wall once per month between extended duty as a book end, that makes sense... :D

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
I have the TM15. Compared to the TM15 and using their own figures, we're looking at a 43% increase in lumens, 33% increase in candella, but only 14% increase in throw and a loss of 33% runtime in turbo. It's modest increase in throw is due to shear brute force and I expect it to be floodier than the TM15. That may be what some need but I am in the market for a great thrower. Not worth it for me. Still hoping for a Tiny Monster throw monster.

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
It does look a bit unconventional but I kind of like it.
Still I'd prefer a TM10 - a shorter TM11 with uni-body design :drool:

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
1-1_TM26_En3.jpg

1-1_TM26_En23.jpg

Looks very nive that display, nice feature.
1000h runtime on low (!). That's 41 days.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nite...rums&utm_campaign=2013_1_31_BLADE_FORUMS_TM26

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first i was not interested in this light but, i just noticed it does one thing i have wanted in a light and that's the digital display showing the runtime.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very impressive in terms of high tech!
I think it's the highest-tech light that I've ever seen.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first i was not interested in this light but, i just noticed it does one thing i have wanted in a light and that's the digital display showing the runtime.

Yep...same here...great info display...

don.gwapo

Enlightened
High tech, high power, fits in the palm of your hands, I really love it but a price tag close to $400 only a few can afford this light.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they carry this display down to their smaller lights in the future...

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't you duct tape 4 EA4's together and have more throw for almost half the price? :p

Brera

Newly Enlightened
I like it, and I'll buy it without hesitation. A flashlight is not about lumens, lux, throw, runtime, practicality, etc. anymore. It's about engineering and innovation and arts (damn I love the OLED screen display). I don't need it, but I want it. For this kind of purchase along with other fine products, you use your heart not your brain. This reminds me of Cuore Sportivo