**NEW** Nitecore TM26

Verndog

Enlightened
Didn't happen to notice, but does this have the strobe modes, or does it just throw a net out to capture the bad guy? :twothumbs

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the display a lot.

8434746266_29660439ec_c.jpg

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
"3. When using Nitecore's NBP52 high-performance battery pack, the
actual runtime will be twice the figure displayed on the OLED panel."

Wonder what this "pack" is...

MattSPL

Enlightened
I wonder does it have a detachable handle? I can't imagine prolonged usage is very comfortable with a light of this size/weight :shrug:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The display is a trip, but the whole package costs as much as an iPad, which also has a nice display.. I'm wondering how much a 1xAA would cost with a similar OLED..

BullsEyeLantern

Newly Enlightened
I actually quite like it. Not the handsomest light I've seen, but i love the display and the flood potential.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
That kind of display is the future.

I mean, why guessing or blink-codes if you can just print temperature and exact battery voltage? Not to mention that remaining runtime is cool, and 1000h at 3 lumen means that they have a really really efficient circuit with not much leaking waste at low drive.

Seeing that I almost payed as much for my first generation TM-11, I AM tempted...

SeamusORiley

Enlightened

I mean, why guessing or blink-codes if you can just print temperature and exact battery voltage? Not to mention that remaining runtime is cool, and 1000h at 3 lumen means that they have a really really efficient circuit with not much leaking waste at low drive.

Seeing that I almost payed as much for my first generation TM-11, I AM tempted...

Here it is for $330: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...y-Monster-4-x-Cree-XML-U2-3500/747381878.html

Last edited:

Beckler

Enlightened

I mean, why guessing or blink-codes if you can just print temperature and exact battery voltage?

I agree completely. I just don't understand what's taking so long. I mean this isn't exactly some huge engineering challenge--could've been done 30 years ago. Instead we're struggling with blinks for batt. level, single buttons, half presses, double click, triple twisting..wtf.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore just came out with a new light, the TM26 quad LED light. the reflectors on that thing look VERY shallow. i own a TM11 and remember how amazed i was (like everyone else) when i first fired it up. but after about 4 days i realized... wow this thing sucks... i had tactical single LED lights with better throw i would rather carry around (i know the TM11 wasnt built for throw, which is the problem). i started thinking what the hell was the point of a multi LED light with crap throw? i mean u could have a single xml pointed at something not to far away in the dark and it kinda hurts your eyes to look at it. so why put another emitter throwing the same short distance right next to it?! it strains your eyes twice as much when looking at something. let alone 3 or even 5+ emitters next to each other all sucking at throw. U can even see stuff LESS clearly with 3+ emitters than if u just had one. i bought a fenix tk75 which is AMAZING im still amazed by that light today as i was the first day i got it. THAT is how a multi emitter is supposed to be :D . i just dont know why these crazy shallow multi emitter lights keep getting made. IMO they are horrible, they do the same job as some good single led lights out there, they waste a crazy amount of battery, and they weigh a ton. if u want an ULTIMATE flood light y dont they make a multi reflector light with one reflector facing forward and and 2 on each side angled slightly facing to the left and right of it or something. why would u want them all the same way when they arnt doing anything for each other, only actually making things harder to see? "caugh niteye...and..everybody else" ...rant rant rant~! "they took-er JOBS!!" :p

i heard rumors that the TM30 will have deeper reflectors:
TM11 (shallow triple) -> TM15 (deeper triple)
TM20 (single LED, cancelled)
TM26 (shallow quad) -> TM30 (deeper quad)

:D ;) :D

IMSabbel

Enlightened
i heard rumors that the TM30 will have deeper reflectors:
TM11 (shallow triple) -> TM15 (deeper triple)
TM20 (single LED, cancelled)
TM26 (shallow quad) -> TM30 (deeper quad)

:D ;) :D
Interesting. Did not realize that the TM20 was DOA.

Well, I, for my part, like the floody beam of the TM11. Thats why I decided to skip the TM15.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I also agree that the technology of battery level displays is nothing new or startling; just to flashlights.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going gear has them up for pre-order at $390...minus your 10% discount...$350. Still to rich for my poor skinny wallet. What I would like to see is this display in the P25 or EC25. That would cause my wallet open up and drop the few dollars still in it.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to know if the Approximate Time Remaining on the batteries is a well functioning feature. I have the feature in my car and have found it to be accurate, based upon approximate miles per hour traveled. If it is close to accurate, it is something I would very much appreciate. There is a lot to like about both the TM 11 and TM 15, as well.

With new releases, I generally like to pause, wait to hear about reviews and any 'bugs' early on.
The Fenix RC 40 has a big head that is not as appealing to me.
What is the 10% code for going gear?

Think it is ggcpf10

But you probably should call them first, to make sure that it has not changed.