New Olight SR52 USB port loose and won't charge properly Ebay purchase 6 weeks old

muso

Newly Enlightened
On the 22nd June I received an Olight SR52 led flashlight from Ebay. I emailed the serial number to the Olight who confirmed that it is genuine. However not long after leaving good feedback the usb port became loose causing you to have to wobble the usb cable to keep the charge light on, but now it won't charge at all and the usb cable pretty much falls out. I've tried different cables but makes no difference. I contacted the seller but have had no reply but noticed that it states that all defective items must be returned within 30 days. The flashlight has a 5 year warranty so I guess I'm going to have to go through Olight to have it fixed or replaced.

With the switch pointing upwards the usb port is on the right hand side so from what I can see it is an Ebay version in spite of being confirmed as genuine via email from Olight.

I'm wondering if I should put in a paypal dispute (item not as described) faulty but sold as new and good......don't know.

kj2

Flashaholic
Although Olight confirmed it's genuine, based on the SN, a clone could use a SN that has been photographed. More the reason to buy at official dealers even when it's more expensive. Although, I recommend you contact Olight directly to see if they can help you.

muso

Newly Enlightened
Although Olight confirmed it's genuine, based on the SN, a clone could use a SN that has been photographed. More the reason to buy at official dealers even when it's more expensive. Although, I recommend you contact Olight directly to see if they can help you.

Cheers, I will email Olight and see if it's covered by the usual Olight warranty and if not i will lodge an item not as described paypal dispute against the seller!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Cheers, I will email Olight and see if it's covered by the usual Olight warranty and if not i will lodge an item not as described paypal dispute against the seller!

How is it not as described and what is the basis for your dispute? Olight says it's genuine and will confirm or not when sent to them. 6 weeks out sounds like a manufacture warranty issue not a seller issue. Now if Olight says it's a fake then by all means.

Last edited:

muso

Newly Enlightened
How is it not as described and what is the basis for your dispute? Olight says it's genuine and will confirm or not when sent to them. 6 weeks out sounds like a manufacture warranty issue not a seller issue. Now if Olight says it's a fake then by all means.

Item not as described - in that it's a fake but sold as genuine. However if it is indeed genuine it will be a manufacturer warranty issue through Olight and nothing to do with the Ebay seller.
Before purchasing I asked whether or not it was a genuine Olight Sr52 and not just a clone, the seller replied assuring me that it was indeed a genuine Olight product and that the serial no. could be verified through Olight, which it was via email. The fact that Olight confirmed the serial # as genuine tends to also confirm that the Olight warranty will apply.

The only reason it would not be covered by manufacture warranty would be if it was NOT a genuine Olight product, in which case the 'item not as described' Paypal dispute would be appropriate!

Last edited:

muso

Newly Enlightened
I've emailed Olight twice now and haven't heard anything back from them so far.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm very strange. My SR52 is a tank. Even Vinh says its one of the best built lights hes seen so this seems quite unusual. GoingGear.com is handling Olights stateside warranty repairs now a new facility has been set up at GG in Smyrna Ga. you may want to contact them.

muso

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it is strange, other than the usb port the torch seems to be built like a tank, but it still could be an Ebay fake clone. Does going gear.com handle Australian warranties? If not who does? I can't seem to be able to find an Australian Olight agent.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
hmmm very strange. My SR52 is a tank. Even Vinh says its one of the best built lights hes seen so this seems quite unusual. GoingGear.com is handling Olights stateside warranty repairs now a new facility has been set up at GG in Smyrna Ga. you may want to contact them.

Well, sort of. We do not handle the warranty. If you contacted us, we would forward you to Olight. They are in our building, but their inventory is separate from ours. Muso would need to contact Olight through olightworld.com. If they didn't respond, I'm guessing he went to a distributor or something.

muso

Newly Enlightened
Well, sort of. We do not handle the warranty. If you contacted us, we would forward you to Olight. They are in our building, but their inventory is separate from ours. Muso would need to contact Olight through olightworld.com. If they didn't respond, I'm guessing he went to a distributor or something.

I have sent two emails to Olight from the 'Olightworld.com' site using the 'contact us' option, but I will try again and double check to make sure I haven't done anything incorrectly.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
Check your spam folder muso, I've emailed Olight a few times in the past month and always gotten a response within a few hours during working hours.

[email protected] is the email address I always use.

muso

Newly Enlightened
Check your spam folder muso, I've emailed Olight a few times in the past month and always gotten a response within a few hours during working hours.

[email protected] is the email address I always use.

Thanks bjt3833, I've checked my spam/junk folder and there isn't anything from Olight. The Ebay seller is trying to sort it out, they promise a 5 year warranty and has offered me another torch if I send this one back to them. But they have asked for a video or a photo to explain what is wrong with the torch, I don't think they understand English very well, I couldn't send a video because it exceeded the email attachment size but sent a photo and they seem happy with that. They are based in Sydney Australia rather than China but their English is not very good and sometimes difficult to understand via email, but they can't really help that I guess. I once sent an item back to a seller (a fake hacked mp3 player) for replacement, never received the replacement nor a refund and never heard from the seller (who was based in Hong Kong) again, that was years a go before paypal offered buyer protection. So I'm a bit funny about sending it back to the seller, but I do have paypal protection this time.

I will also email [email protected] and see what they say. After this I think i will only buy through local Australian sites so that I know what I'm getting - in saying that, when Olight emailed me confirming that my SR52 was indeed genuine I was confident.

muso

Newly Enlightened
The ebay seller has sent me another sr52 torch and has not requested that I send the old one back, I can't really complain about that, the new one's usb port is better but still feels a bit wobbly so I'm being very gentle with it. I've also just got a Thrunight TN4A which is pretty good but doesn't even compare to the SR52 but it's a much smaller torch but similar lumens to the sr52 on turbo mode anyway but not as bright.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmph...very unusual. Although I rarely charge my SR52 cells in the light whenever I have done so everything is rock solid. TN4A rocks of course it doesnt compare to the SR two totally different breeds of light that being said TN4A is much easier to carry and puts out roughly the same OTF lumens out put wise. Range? PFFT! The mighty SR has tested out to a stonking 102k here on the forums the TN4A's do roughly 30-33k.