• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New QTC pills?

ThumperACC

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Logan 123 back with new QTC pill. Ramping is nice now. Momentary works like it should/used to. Turnaround was 1 week, sent it out Thursday AM last week, got it back today. I'm in NH.

Less effort to compress the pill now I think. Seems to be nicer to use.

We'll see how it lasts. It was pretty nice when new but degraded within a week of normal use.

ThumperACC

dy5

Newly Enlightened
On my lights, the new pills make it easier to get low levels and more stable once there, less flickering (but still a little), broader overall level range, smooth ramping, same ramp going up as coming down.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Wow, I just received both my Eiger QTC bodies back from upgrading with the version 2 pills. AMAZING difference. Super smooth transition from barely a glow all the way to full output.

Im happy as can be. Super quick turn around with the Oveready program. I was prepared to wait months and I got them back in like a week or so. SO worth it!

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Yes +1 on the upgrade. Got mine back today. It is significantly smoother (even minimally jumpy progression) than the Gen 1 when new in my SS Logan. If it is durable then we have a winner. I plan to use my Logan exclusively as my EDC for the next two weeks. We'll see how the pill holds up.

gunga

Flashaholic
Yep. Sending all mine in. The qtc works great when new but breaks down fast. The idea is gen 2 should last a lot longer before breaking down.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps!!??

Damn, now I need to start squirreling Money away for a mythical Peak again.

It's not the same, but you can get a brass 17500 Gen. 2 QTC Logan at the Peak website. That will definitely be my next flashlight.

manoloco

Enlightened
Can anyone that has had a gen 2 QTC pill for a while share how is it going?, is it still working smooth?

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Can anyone that has had a gen 2 QTC pill for a while share how is it going?, is it still working smooth?

Ive only had mine back for like 20 days, but my Eiger 10180 gets daily use. Its still perfectly smooth through the whole range. The upgrade made me fall back in love with my Eigers.