New Ra Lights products (Part 6)

Bucky

Enlightened
I wish! I have been very happy with the tints from the Osram emitters but I would pay alot to get a warm white emitter that could even do 100 lumens for an hour!

Ok, then what were your referring to above that will be released in the coming months?

brucec

Enlightened
Ah, I see the fanboys have retaken the ship...which I guess is good since the first 3 pages of this were crazy. At least now I might be able to get my question (below) in.

the difference is between the new and the origional is perfect anno. not one single missing spec that i can see.

That is awesome news. That's 1 of 2 things that I'm waiting to get corrected. The other thing was what was causing the flat tailcap issues vs the raised tailcap? I really prefer a flat tailstanding (no or not much wobble) tailcap. I know the new version just came out, but is there any engineering explanation for why these soldered on wires are the solution? What do they do more reliably than the original? What was the failure mode?

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am pretty sure that there will be some new products to talk about in this thread in the coming months:thumbsup:

mbassoc2003, thank you for the PM; I will drop you a line in a bit.

Titanium!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I wish! I have been very happy with the tints from the Osram emitters but I would pay alot to get a warm white emitter that could even do 100 lumens for an hour!
I got a warm S2 Seoul that does 90 lumens for 2 hours.
It's a Milky using a VIP500. :D

sappyg

Enlightened
what was causing the flat tailcap issues vs the raised tailcap? I really prefer a flat tailstanding (no or not much wobble) tailcap. I know the new version just came out, but is there any engineering explanation for why these soldered on wires are the solution? What do they do more reliably than the original? What was the failure mode?

i wish i knew what was causing the failure in my raised switch. it could be neither labor or material.... it must have been method/ engineering. henry asked that i return the faulty switch so i can not take it apart to take a look. the switch does feel different. the new raised boot is a little taller, has more side to side movement as well as activation movement. it has a more spongy feel during use. exactly as Ralls reported (and with excellent pics). there are no holes at the switch/ battery tube connection.
the soldered wires may well be in the 1st run of clicky's too. having just removed the switch from the tube it seems that what really is "different" is in the switch cap itself.... but that is based on the "feel" b/c i am not about to monkey around any further than that ATM.
i like the "feel" of the origional switch better and that is completely subjective. if i had a choice between the two and BOTH were reliable i would keep the origional based souly on the feel. maybe it's just what i got use to.

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened
Henry was nice enough to reconfirm this.

"Not likely any time soon. Warm white emitters are 35-40% less
efficient than cool white and we rarely see 200 lumen cool white."
All the more time to save up then. Ra Clicky Ti 200 WW circa 2011.

mwaldron

Enlightened
...The other thing was what was causing the flat tailcap issues vs the raised tailcap? I really prefer a flat tailstanding (no or not much wobble) tailcap.

I don't see airbump in the flat tailcap changing. In order for it to be changed it would have to be less air tight which would allow a greater chance for contamination and less water resistance.

Pretty much everyone agrees that after a day or so the slight bubble goes down and tailstand, and if you assemble it while holding the tailcap in it tailstands nearly immediately.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the more time to save up then. Ra Clicky Ti 200 WW circa 2011.

We are all going to want something more from the Ra Clicky 2011 model - 400 - 1000 lumens, I was thinking - 1hr on high - 6 months on low - optional 'Pop Tart Warmer' feature for tactical models.

Oh, and a thirty second shake for full recharge - no more mains needed.

I'll bet we still argue about the clip though! :devil:

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened
We are all going to want something more from the Ra Clicky 2011 model - 400 - 1000 lumens, I was thinking - 1hr on high - 6 months on low - optional 'Pop Tart Warmer' feature for tactical models.

Oh, and a thirty second shake for full recharge - no more mains needed.

I'll bet we still argue about the clip though! :devil:

So you offer a selection of clips.
My NT already warms pop tarts when auto off is disabled.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Any chance of a pic? Who did the chopping?
LLcoolbeans did it for me. He took it down past the crennelation point.
Much nicer.

IMG_0681.jpg

Bezel, orange O-ring, and R2 WH XP-E.
IMG_0575.jpg

Here is a shot below that was taken before the emitter swap.
IMG_0574.jpg

Now when you put the F04 beam shaper on it you don't see any bezel at all.