New Ra Lights products

Status
Not open for further replies.

artec540

Enlightened
With a Clicky with nonperfect ano, bezel that doesn't line up, a tailcap that's fitted incorrectly, flashing bugs and tint problems!!!
Oh and moaning via email when someone shares these 'shortfalls' on a 'public forum' (thanks to Kamakazikev24) :nana:

I've got a Clicky that, to my eye, at least, doesn't have an imperfectly aligned bezel, an incorrectly fitted tailcap, or flashing bugs. Tint is in the eye of the beholder, but compared to my Novatac 120T, which is sort of purply blue, the Clicky is rather yellow. I can't make up my mind which I prefer!

I don't know what an "ano" is, so I can't comment on that.

One feature of the clicky that I really like is the switch button...... so much neater and easier to use than the buttons that have fat, protruding, textured rubber "bulbs". And one feature that I'm not mad about, though I realize that it's a matter of taste, is that the hotspot is too wide and not sharply enough defined. I'd prefer a narrower beam and probably a polished reflevtor instead of the OP.

artec540

Enlightened
ano = anodizing

Thank you, yes, the penny dropped shortly after I submitted the post. I was trying to think of a component that would abbreviate to "ano"!

Anyway, the anodizing on mine is a little greyer, or less black if you prefer, in the waisted section between the tailcap and the head, and I think the knurling is not quite as deep there. Otherwise, it's fine. You have to be looking for faults to see it, at least, I do.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You guys, wanting perfection in your lights. Even McGizmo's lights aren't perfect. :D That said, I am very particular about lights that run in regulation, run in regulation. I have sold lights that did not come up to that standard of mine, when they were advertised as running in flat regulation. Never mind the anodize condition, or perfect centering of LED. Give me perfect regulation. :naughty:

Bill

veleno

Enlightened
I would be only interested in a Clicky Cn 2xCR123A (without problems... :whistle:).

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember a Henry design that had a bigger head than the body - maybe a bit along the lines of the Lumapower D-mini in shape? I could probably go for something in between that or a Jetbeam II IBS size head and the current 1" head size. Just enough bigger to squeeze a little more reflector in there which would likely yield more throw and spill.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, none of us are at the shot show? I figured someone would have been by Henry's booth and posted a report by now.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
HDS_EDC_LR.jpg

This is what i want:twothumbs

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on that!!

Had time so I PS'd the 1x123 to the LR and HD heads

Wish I didn't do that. Now I really want something that doesn't exist.
Hmmm. What ever happened to these prototypes? Henry could sell those for a lot of cash. Finding these would be like finding all the lost working prototype cars from the 50-60s.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
He told me he was bringing one of his warm white Clicky Cn's with him, so we know that much. However, I have a feeling he has more than that up his sleeve.

Nobody wants to have a guess?

He doesn't have it any more:devil::D

It is now safely at the Goatee residence and the tint is outstanding. I have not owned a warm tinted light like this before and I just love it.

Henry is a fantastic guy and I absolutely love his products!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
and no pictures?
:banned:
:poke:

:grin2:

:p

I will have to take beamshots comparing my CGT to my warm model. I really love the way that it looks; it seems to be to bring out reds and greens much better than even the CGT model.

They are supposed to be less bright than the standard models and my eye can confirm this to be true when I compare my warm model to my CGT, but it is not enough to dissuade me from loving the warm model. I will have to do some runtime tests to see what I really can expect. If I can get around 2.5 to 3 hours at roughly 60 lumens, I will be very satisfied. I am guessing that 60 lumens would equate to level 21 which is 75 lumens on the 140 lumen models.

Status
Not open for further replies.