New Ra Lights products

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
He doesn't have it any more:devil::D

So, you've obviously been to his booth. Was the warm white Cn the only new product he was announcing, or did you see something else?

Did Henry swear you to secrecy or something?

Congrats on your WW Cn, I'm going to have to order one too.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, you've obviously been to his booth. Was the warm white Cn the only new product he was announcing, or did you see something else?

Did Henry swear you to secrecy or something?

Congrats on your WW Cn, I'm going to have to order one too.

I missed the show but caught up with all the crew at PSM's after show party last night. I don't know why, but I didn't talk about new products; I did, however, see that he had produced a Clicky with a tactical grip.

Truth is, the Clicky is about the pinnacle of once cell lights with a single button interface and a single light source.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
If the new line has runtimes like my Clicky, which are amazing even on rechargeables, Henry will get lots of my cash !!
I think it's a little early to be looking for a new line.... I think the Twisty took about 7 months to develop? The Clicky took about a year and still has bugs to be worked out. The clip took months and.. well, yeah. And we're still waiting on various battery tubes that have been in development for months. Amidst all this drawn out development, how is he going to suddenly pull out a new line of lights a month after the Clicky finally hit the market? I'm looking forward to his next line of lights too, hopefully it'll be developed enough to start sharing details sometime in 2010.

I seem to remember a Henry design that had a bigger head than the body ... Just enough bigger to squeeze a little more reflector in there which would likely yield more throw and spill.
That's an option I'd like to see at some point, a slightly larger light with all the usual functionality but a more task light orientation, rather than edc. Maybe with a side mounted switch for comfortable long term use, drop all tactical pretenses.

:grin2: and the HD one too.
I think we kind of already have the HD... it's called the Clicky. The HD version of the EDCs was a proposed solution to the problem of the originals not being as completely bomb-proof as they could be. Instead, Henry solved that problem by making it slightly longer and adding a huge steel bezel and dual internal springs. There's not much point in a tougher Clicky at this point. It did look kinda cool though...

He doesn't have it any more:devil::D

It is now safely at the Goatee residence and the tint is outstanding. I have not owned a warm tinted light like this before and I just love it.
Congratulations on acquiring what I now think to be the best Clicky currently offered. Of course I hope it will be joining your others on the registry soon. :) (Along with that 140Cn you recently bought, quite a collection you're racking up. ;) )

I really love the way that it looks; it seems to be to bring out reds and greens much better than even the CGT model.
Much much better. It's almost sad to see the limitations of the GT demonstrated by the Warmy, shows that it's just an exceptionally good cool led, while the warm is something else entirely.

I am guessing that 60 lumens would equate to level 21 which is 75 lumens on the 140 lumen models.
141, 100, 71, 50...
170, 120, 85, 60...
The Warmy is a 100wwCn, meaning burst is 100, sustained high is 70, and it runs on the normal 100 scale, there is no 60. And where's this 75lm level, on either scale? I think I've seen you mention that before too.

I did, however, see that he had produced a Clicky with a tactical grip.
Now that's a new product I'd be interested in, the extended button is very convenient, when your priority isn't pocket carrying and tailstanding. Too bad it'll be more than just a $20 optional tailcap this time...

Moka

Enlightened
Now that's a new product I'd be interested in, the extended button is very convenient, when your priority isn't pocket carrying and tailstanding. Too bad it'll be more than just a $20 optional tailcap this time...

+1
Would definately be interested in the extended button...

By tactical grip does that mean something like the surefire C2 or Fexix T series? Or something different?

zenas

Newly Enlightened
What's up with Henry's new lights?!

He sells the "new" Ra Clicky Executive for 149$ - but many bought the "old" Ra-140-C for 179$... The new price is really nice for those who haven't bought a Clicky yet - but it's not for those who already have one. And those who first bought an old one (for MORE MONEY!) had do deal with all the issues and worked as involuntary "beta-testers" for Henry... Nice work! :mad:
Or am I missing some features which were only available for the "old" Ra-140Cs / CNs /Cgts ???

But a positive thought: The new Ra Every Day Carry Executive for 99$ is a real competitor for the Novatac 120P - it's even much better (or at least: it should be...) at a lower price! That's sweet indeed.

Last edited:

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
Wow. After paying almost double the price of the new models for my 140-Cgt, the new models look like a steal. It looks to me like the only main difference between the more expensive and cheaper versions is LED efficiency (140lm vs 120lm max). It looks like the tactical lights have replaced the "Cn" models and the Executive models have replaced the "C" models. It also looks like the "Cgt" has been done away with for now.

Moka

Enlightened
I have to say, I'm a little annoyed with the new models...
I just bought my 140Cn, I would personally have loved the black bezel and the option of the protruding button, I personally didn't have an original one with lots of issues, but I genuinely feel for those who did pay $179 a buggy Clicky and now even the Clicky "Tactical" is cheaper...
Bad Form IMHO:thumbsdow

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened
So, does that mean just the Osram GD is left in the lineup? No more SSC P4s? Having not bought a Clicky yet, I like this new line-up. Now we just need LLCoolBeans to work his magic on the firmware crack...

After reading about all the QC issues and business practices, I kind of have to wonder if Novatac was unjustly made out to be the bad guy...but I'm not meaning to start a NT vs Henry argument here. I really like the new line-up which seems to be much better aligned with the market and competition. But the timing of the new lights and pricing, just about 1 month after the initial product release is, well..... The polite way to put it is that I believe Ralights took full benefit of their following on CPF for beta testing at the buyer's expense.

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Oh this just gets better all the time!
I really enjoyed beta testing your Ra Clicky for you. :-/
So now I hope your new (cheaper) models are bug free and wish you all the best.
Shame flashaholics won't be selling me one.....
Love from a very happy Novatac ( perfectly bug free) 120p owner.

Pöbel

Enlightened
what the cheaper models do not seem to have

HAIII
potted electronics
reverse bat protection
overdischarge protection
anti damage bat compartment
full thermal management

Norm

Retired Administrator
I have to say, I'm a little annoyed with the new models...
I just bought my 140Cn, I would personally have loved the black bezel and the option of the protruding button, I personally didn't have an original one with lots of issues, but I genuinely feel for those who did pay $179 for the Clicky and now even the Clicky "Tactical" is cheaper...
Bad Form IMHO:thumbsdow
Nothing new here, the original HDS lights ended up selling under $100, I think my HDS Basic 42 XRGT cost me about $95, wish I hadn't sold it :mecry:
I think they had sold around $150 (not absolutely sure about the price).
Norm

paxxus

Enlightened
Does the Ra Clicky Executive have 140 lumens high without the stupid 10 sec timer? Am I reading this right:

"4 preset brightness settings - 140, 35, 12 and 0.3 lumens. The brightness settings and the turn-on setting may be customized for special missions"

Oh man, that's what I would have wanted all along :sigh: My 140Cn for (almost) all practical purposes only has 100 lumes high :sigh:

paxxus

Enlightened
Love from a very happy Novatac ( perfectly bug free) 120p owner.
Never heard of a NovaTac which didn't flicker on low, guess you got lucky. My NT flickers even on the higher levels - you can even see this phenomenon on runtime graphs posted here on CPF - instead of a flat curve it's somewhat bumpy. The major difference between NT and Ra is that Ra has the engineer who designed the stuff so hopefully the bugs will eventually get sorted - NT can basically only change the color and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts