New Raw K2 & NS K2

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened
My Raw K2 was really stiff to turn at first but it's loosened up nicely now. My body seems fine (and the Raw's is ok too!).

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
dmdrewitt said:
How many K2 emitters do you have left?

Regards

David
I have another 30 coming this week.
:thanks:

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
I've read thru this thread a couple of times, and I am still uncertain as to the cost and method of ordering a RAW with the K2. Is this essentially a substitution of the K2 for the Nano charger? eg. I can order a RAW L3 for 35 pounds (comes with nano and 14250 cell), or a RAW K2 (comes with CR2 primary only?) for the same 35 pounds? Can I use an RCR2 (14250) with the K2?

Would I just go to your website and order the RAW in the metal of my choice and indicate that I want a K2?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Price of the Raw K2 with 2 stage is £40.
Extra's are:
Tritium Locator £6
Nano Charge £6
Etc.

You could purchase via the web site by adding the Raw 3 Watt etc to your cart & following up with a email to say you would like the K2. We will then supply the K2 Raw with out Nano if not purchased extra.

Same for the K2 NS:
£55 with out nano.

We will be adding the K2 option to the web site ASAP.

maverick215

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Raw K2

orb said:
If we were able to drive the K2 @ 1.5 amps with lower VF K2's then I think we should look for a cell that's specs say it can deliver that amount of current. We would also need to do something with the 6 watts of heat.
certainly lifepo4 based cells should have no problem pushing that much current (radio controlled community has been pushing them FAR harder than we could ever dream of)
as for the heat, you're on your own :)

Nuutaro

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Raw K2

orb said:
#12 :
Yes I still have UXOJ & UWOJ's that we can offer for £6 Extra.
That's why this K2 offer is a good deal!!!!!!
orb said:
#27 :
To my knowledge the K2 could be described as the most powerful single chip/die white LED availble today???
The K2's I have are UXOL's I.e U bins.

Orb-
I would be happy if you could advice which is better choice for the brightness and runtime of a RAW, UXOJ & UWOJ with LuxIII or UXOL with the K2.

Thank you!

indenial

Enlightened
Setting aside the flood vs. spot characteristics for a moment, are the K2 Raw and NS brighter on highest mode than their LuxIII counterparts?

paxxus

Enlightened
This is probably a stupid question, but what does "NS" mean and what is that compared to an "RAW K2"?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
No stupid questions 'round here.
:)

The Raw NS is a smaller version of the original Raw and is offered in Nickel Silver.

K2 refers to the latest most efficient generation of Lumileds' LED.

While supplies last, the original Raw and the Raw NS are being offered with these new K2 LEDs.

Last edited:

paxxus

Enlightened
Stock NS is quoted 15mins on high at 77 lumens.

What will these numbers be for a K2 NS?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comparing a K2 UXOL Bin Led & a Lux 3 UXOJ Bin LED in a Raw or NS.
Run time will be longer with the K2 (25mins) Only because the VF of the K2 is higher & draws less current.
Brightness, The Lux 3 has the slight edge, But only because the VF is Lower than the two compared bins. Hence the Current draw will be higher with reduced Run time.
So if you had a K2 with UXOJ & a Lux 3 UXOJ they ought to have Equal brightness & equal run time.

I have discovered the K2 has a different die/chip than the Lux 3. It does not appear larger but different. This may be the Reason we end up with a larger hot spot from the K2??
K2 on the Right has 4x4 Dots on the Die with Phosphor coating removed & the Lux 3 Left has the 4 lines as seen before. I am not sure about the construction of the LED's these are only observations.
k2-lux3.jpg

Last edited:

Nuutaro

Newly Enlightened
orb-
Thank you for your advice in #55!
And then, could you tell us how to place an order for a RAW of LuxIII UXOJ with extra 6 pounds at your web site ?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuutaro said:
orb-
Thank you for your advice in #55!
And then, could you tell us how to place an order for a RAW of LuxIII UXOJ with extra 6 pounds at your web site ?
Same as the K2 for now please. Until the web site is updated.
Place your order for the Raw of choice & any extra's then if you need the nano charger £6 please add to your cart (in the Spare parts section) Follow up with a email to confirm what you have purchased.

AlecGold

Enlightened
Wow, I just got my NS K2 in this afternoon and I can tell you: it rocks!!! what a superb light, it isn't small, it is tiny! and it puts out way more light than my B42XRGT :D LOL.

It seems to give at least twice the amount of light as the 42, but more important, the color is close to it, the NS might not be an GT, but it certainly is one of the most near-white that I've seen sofar. And that it is just off-white is something I couldn't tell without the B42XRGT as an reference!
My girlfriend (who doesn't like leds or lights as I do :p) thought the NS/K2 as being the whitest light. So I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder!

One thing that I noticed is the small donut hole that is present at close-by, but after about 5 inches it nicely disapears. But what I like is the expected sturdiness of the K2 led, it should be albe to last longer than I will live, basicly because it is underdriven and because it can have much higher junction temps than the LuxIII's.

And offcourse there is the pleasure of doing business with Rob!
Thanks for all your patients with me!

Puppet

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Rob:

Would you be willing to sell just the K2 on a PCB? I already have two Raws, and would be inetersted in just swapping out the board on one.

Thanks,

P

megamee

Newly Enlightened
I also received my raw k2 today.. Its really great. Tint is fine.. I'm bad on tints, I can't tell if my L1p is purple or whether this is green :)
Brightness is good although I'm still charging the battery.

I really like the low, with my semi charged battery my multimeter read 190ma and visually its almost as bright as my L1p with an alkaline. Another thing the beam pattern is almost identical to the l1p, same size hotspot and spill, but this doesn't have the green and purple rings like the l1p.
For normal use I'll just use the low, and only use high for annoying friends. then if I want something for the middle of the night I'll still use my photon clone.

My only problem is that its difficult to turn it to high... but I think its loosening up.

Last edited: